The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 23, 2007, 10:32 PM   #1
G-Cym

Custom forum groups.

I don't know if this is possible with vBulletin. It would be nice if users could view only the forums they want, and have the rest be invisible. Like right now, we have the "The Hide" menu group, with "Art of Rifle", "Shotguns", etc subforums in it. It would be neat if each user could have a custom menu, and pick and choose what subforums to put in it. So I could have Tactics, General Handgun, Art of Rifle, and Legal and Political. And all the rest would be gone. Kinda of like how right now you can minimize menus of subforums, but if you like 1 forum in that menu, you have to keep the whole thing open and see them all. It would be cool just to view the sub-forums one likes and have the rest be invisible.
Old October 23, 2007, 11:40 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

I tend to agree that what you described would be a nice feature. Unfortunately, it isn't available with vbulletin. I guess if each forum was also classified as a group, it might work, but that would make for a very awkward looking forum index page.