The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old September 29, 2013, 08:03 AM   #1
Secretariat

Hornaby XTP VS TAP FPD Ammo

Would anyone here know the difference between the Hornaby XTP and TAP FPD ammo.You see,I live here in the Philippines and these are the both versions of Hornaby ammo they sell here.Which do you think is the better version?For your information,I'm getting them in 9MM.
Thanks in advance.
Old September 29, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2
buck460XVR

The one that shoots the best outta your gun.......
Old September 29, 2013, 10:46 AM   #3
ClydeFrog

PI, Hornady....

In 9x19mm(9mm Luger), Id look for these brands:
Hornady Critical Duty 135gr +P, Corbon DPX, HST 124gr +P, Winchester Ranger T/T series +P 124gr, Ranger T 127gr +P+ JHP, Golden Saber 124gr +P bonded, Speer Gold Dot 124gr +P JHP, PowRball, Magsafe SWAT, Glaser Safety Slug(silver).
If in the PI, the only 9x19mm round near you is the Hornady TAP(Tactical Application Police) then that's what Id choose.
For spare or back-up magazines Id load it with 124gr FMJ milspec ball ammunition.
The 124gr 9mmNATO load is great too if you have a well made, modern pistol.

Clyde
Old September 29, 2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
Would anyone here know the difference between the Hornaby XTP and TAP FPD ammo.You see,I live here in the Philippines and these are the both versions of Hornaby ammo they sell here.Which do you think is the better version?For your information,I'm getting them in 9MM.
Thanks in advance.
Hornady seems to think they are the same thing. Their web site lists an entire page of XTP TAP FPD ammunition.

http://www.hornady.com/store/TAP-FPD-handgun

Basically, "XTP" (Xtreme Terminal Performance) refers to the bullet. TAP FPD refers to the Hornady loaded ammunition that uses the XTP bullets.