The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old July 22, 2013, 09:09 PM   #26
OttoJara

I have had a couple of HKs already, I actually liked them. The first was stolen and the second, well, I shouldn't have sold it. Maybe I'll look back into an HK. I have a friend with a Glock 23, I'll see if I can take it to the range for a day and try it out.

"A fear of weapons, is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
Old July 23, 2013, 04:49 AM   #27
kcub

Since you like .45's, you might want to check out the HK45c (compact). The Navy Seals are using a threaded barrel (tactical) version of it. I personally don't like the full size HK45 because it has a funky grip but many like it so you should have a look and see what you think.
Old July 31, 2013, 12:03 AM   #28
OttoJara

Well, this is almost a complete 180. I have held and feel very comfortable with a S&W M&P Shield in 9mm. Yep, I said 9mm, I've never held the Shield before but picked one up while checking a price for a friend. I really like the feel of it. I am going with the 9mm because the gun is way too small to handle the recoil of a 40 IMO. I'll keep you guys informed of the out come shortly.

"A fear of weapons, is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud