The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old December 11, 2016, 04:34 PM   #2026
HunterAU

Hi TFL, I am from Australia and have been hunting all my life. I have hunted almost everything in Australia but my main target is Deer. Look forward to chatting with you all.
Old December 17, 2016, 05:34 PM   #2027
CROSSTIE

Salutations

New guy here, and I'm excited to begin contributing what I have learned. I've been reading and learning a lot on this forum for several months, and I feel compelled to join. My shooting and hunting experience spans more than two decades, but my metallic reloading experience is very much in its infancy. My weapons of interest are based heavily on each firearm's engineering and simplicity.

I hope to continue learning from you all, and hope I might be able to help someone else along the way. And as I firmly believe: If you know how many guns you have, then you definitely don't have enough.

Regards,

Crosstie
Old December 17, 2016, 08:42 PM   #2028
Srewball

Hello TFL members,
I am new to the forum. I have been reading on here for a while and joined the other day. I live up north and have been hunting and shooting for almost thirty years.
I love my yearly trip out west to bowhunt elk and mulies and hunt deer and lots of coyotes here at home.
I look forward to reading a lot more on here in the future. Happy holidays everyone!
Chris
Old December 17, 2016, 11:21 PM   #2029
jcolon95

My first day. I am 55 years old Us Marine I just started shooting as a hobby. I am a corrections officer and I shoot for my job quarterly and I go on my own with my weapons. I have a glock19, glock17, AR 556, sub 2000, Winchester 12 gauge, and I want to add a .308 , 3030. hope to find some good info from you folks.
Old December 18, 2016, 02:22 PM   #2030
JB60

Hello everyone from Jeffrey B in Alabama , got into firearms and shooting again couple years ago. Went a little gun crazy at first but have settled down past few months. I have a 9mm Shield for EDC , S&W 5906 and Mod 65 .357 I really enjoy shooting. I also have 10/22 I've just mounted a new scope , installed some Kidd hardware and switched over to a Magpul Hunter XX stock.
Old January 3, 2017, 02:59 PM   #2031
TJB101

Hey Folks ... I've been trolling this site for about 6 months as I began my journey into reloading. When I rolled a few 9mm & 38 rounds this past December I had to scour the internet to validate some load / col data.

I have to say the folks on this site seemed to be a most responsive and thoughtful group. While I did see one rant thread get a tad out of control most users of this forum seemed respectful .. Thanks !!

Only a few guns on hand: Mossberg 500 Shorty, Ruger 10/22, Taurus 85, Ruger LC9s, Remington 783/.243 (Edit ... forgot about the HiPoint 995TS -- yea, I know)

I'm really wanting a lever action in a 38/357.. maybe later this year.

Cheers, Tim
Old January 6, 2017, 12:48 PM   #2032
ClaymoreAKM

I've been watching the forum for years, just never took the plunge. Not new to the world of firearms, I'm a long time hunter, shooter and gun writer.
Old January 6, 2017, 01:05 PM   #2033
ShootistPRS

Hi all! I am new here. I found the Firing Line on the web and looked it over. There was none of the ridiculous bickering and name calling that I saw other places and thought I would give it a try. It's a big place and I won't always have time to go through it all but I will learn and contribute where I can.
Thanks for having me.
Old January 10, 2017, 12:21 PM   #2034
Powernoodle

Powernoodle here. After 20,000 posts in other forums, I'm here to prove that I still don't have anything interesting to say.
Old January 15, 2017, 02:40 AM   #2035
Julianboo

Snake fever

I am a new member and have a question. I have been very active in putting quick a snake guncollection over the last 6-12 months. Not just the 7 serpents but the real rare ones where they only made 50 of , 100 of , 200 of etc.
I think i have bought these right with my prices being at least 25 % less than gun broker etc. was selling them for. Am i making a good investment ?
I collect many things and never sell anything so this is not for me to make a quick buck but for my 3 kids one day.
What do you think ? Am i being smart or foolish ?
I might add if you have any rare snakes that you want to get rid of, please send me a private message.
Old January 15, 2017, 04:18 PM   #2036
Nvreloader

New to this forum, but not new to reloading/Wildcatting,
I started reloading in 1960,
Bought a RCBS Special reloading setup, 30/06 caliber,
Drove down the Oriville, CA to picked it up.

Have been reloading ever since,
from 17-222 thru 300 H&H in rifle calibers,
17 Pigmy Rabbit thru 280AI rifle/pistol calibers.

I am a AVID, read Rabid Wildcatter now,
with over 50+ Wildcats, I have designed, built and shoot,
the smallest is the 17 Pigmy Rabbit, (favorite pest rifle),
total case length of .600", COAL of 1.00", 15gr@2900+fps,
better than a 22 LR.

Retired in 2009 as a LE officer with 36+ yrs,
really enjoying life now.

Looking forward to some interesting discussions on wildcatting cases,
and have been faithfully using QL since since V.2.7.,
a Wildcatters dream, IMHO.

Tia,
Don
Old January 19, 2017, 11:47 PM   #2037
Vetmxer24

New to the group

Hey all, I'm Glenn. Been a gun enthusiast for over 30 years but, I'm jumping into the AR arena and have more questions than answers. I'm looking at entry level guns and am teetering between Bushmaster, Armalite and m&p. I'm driving myself crazy.
Old January 31, 2017, 01:17 AM   #2038
jakespappy

hi folks, just another enthusiast here. hoping to learn and share a lot with all of you
Old January 31, 2017, 02:07 PM   #2039
stuckinthe60s

new guy

since I dont see a new user forum, im assuming its ok to say hello here.
hope to learn and share.
im new here, but an old name on the net.
so....
permission to board the ship.
Old February 1, 2017, 07:24 AM   #2040
mdcmn7

Hello all

New to the forum, not to firearms

See you all around!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old February 14, 2017, 01:54 PM   #2041
Tallest

Tall Mountain Man

Hey Folks - I'm a hunting/shooting/firearms enthusiast from the Blue Ridge mountains. Looking to share what I know and learn a great deal more. I appreciate the community and the opportunity to participate.

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan
Old February 14, 2017, 07:29 PM   #2042
LeonMr59

Hello from the Midwest

Hey all,

Thanks for allowing me to join your group. 28 year old manual machinist, Avid outdoorsman, big bore fanatic, Love this country and my guns. I love trap shooting and I enjoy researching wildcat calibers and their history, albeit all calibers interest me

I'll try my best to limit the reposting and do my best to research the site as there is a plethora of information.
Old February 15, 2017, 09:51 PM   #2043
Fogey

Fogey

Howdy from the PNW!

Old timer here. Special interest for me are the smaller calibers and Pocket guns as I'm too old and arthritic to pack and shoot the heavy calibers, today.

I was a member here years ago. Maybe 2004/05 or? Back then my handle was, SHOOTER. According to my log book TFL was the second Gun Forum I joined back in the day.

I'm retired over a decade now but still love firearms of all sorts and sizes.
Old February 19, 2017, 07:21 PM   #2044
Expatmedic

Intro. Post

Howdy everyone. I don't wear tinfoil hats, I am a new NRA Lifetime member, an expat for a bit, back home. SCUBA diver, novice + level reloader. Amature home chef. Making good Q on my Traeger Texas Elite. JUST starting to learn about reloading pistol. The search function is my friend, and I will read more, post less. I am in the 916 Area Code.

That is all.
Old February 21, 2017, 03:43 PM   #2045
3006loader

me name jelly. me like gunz. me shoot them lots.
Old March 2, 2017, 07:32 PM   #2046
random guy

Random new guy here.

OK, I got lazy when every name I tried was already in use.

Real name is John.
I'm 55 years old.
I'm a reloader.

Haven't hunted in quite a few years and my main interest in guns is now self-defense. My state is now Constitutional carry and I'm looking into more practical and comfortable ways of doing that.

I like fine wood and blued steel as well as black plasticky guns, each in their own way. Looking at some of the picture threads here, I realize that my own hardware is mundane and off the rack. But it suits me...

Not if, but WHEN I commit a faux pas , please be gentle.
Old March 2, 2017, 11:00 PM   #2047
ZenShot

Hello everyone,
Another FNG here from Texas. I caught the reloading bug a couple of years ago (pistol cartridges only), so I'm looking for advice and like reading about everyone else's adventures in reloading. I'm trying not to make every mistake in the book. Maybe just half.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old March 3, 2017, 10:32 AM   #2048
Itsa Bughunt

Hi everybody!
I'm from Aurora, CO and had no idea my preferred gun shop ran a forum.
I've been enjoying reading here and look forward to contributing.
My username is reference to a quote by the late Bill Paxton in the movie, Aliens.
Old March 5, 2017, 01:33 AM   #2049
A Yooper

A youper

I can't figger out how to post messages. As you can tell, I'm new. Can anyone help me out?
Old March 6, 2017, 03:10 PM   #2050
GCbroker

I'm a new member, My name is Wayne

Looks like one hell of a forum... Looking forward to making forum friends and learning as much as possible from you all.

Wayne
I'm from RI.

Wayne

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent