The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old October 9, 2007, 03:55 PM   #1
freemanrebel

Belgian Centennial/Centaur R & D Conversion?

I see all these conversion cylinders around for Uberti's and Pietta's; Are there any available for the Belgian Centennial "1960 New Model Army" pistol i just bought. Will an Uberti cylinder work, or a pietta? or niether or both?
Old October 9, 2007, 06:04 PM   #2
Hawg

I can't tell you what will fit and what won't. They're supposedly built to original Colt specs and Colt back in the 1800's had them build some for them. There's a guy in Germany that might can help you, he's doing a history on them and finding out what different models and types they made. I'm sure he'd like to hear from you with details on yours. I'll PM you with his email address.
Old October 9, 2007, 09:47 PM   #3
Old Dragoon

I don't know for sure if an Uberti will fit or not, Pietta is different I think.
I own two Belgian Colts, but I have not tried to put a Conversion Cyliner in them. Uberti parts will sometimes swap into otiginals, and the Belgians were built off the originals so........

Can I ask what your S/N is? to date I have the newest one that has come to light, both here and in Europe. S/N 18408 made in 1972, my other one was made in 1961 S/N 2999

Please to to CAS City and go to the Forums, then click on STORM and search for Belgian Colt and you will find Long Johns Wolf(Bootsie was his old alias) and email him and he;ll send you a questionnaire about your pistol. we are trying to garner all the info that we can about these great guns.

That's not the one with a stock is it?
Old October 30, 2007, 11:43 PM   #4
freemanrebel

sn 4064, no stock