The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 27, 2017, 11:12 AM   #26
FITASC

Quote:
My brother reminds me the first thing I need is a solid work bench.
Or you get the Inline Manufacturing press riser, bolt it to q cookie sheet which you clamp to a decent table and you're in business. I do that now
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old March 27, 2017, 11:20 PM   #27
kmw1954

FITASC I have to ask. Why would someone need a Riser to reinforce a bench top? I personally have a disability and do all my reloading from a sitting position. To raise the press would be uncomfortable an awkward. My press is bolted directly to a 1.125" thick bench top and it doesn't move a bit and is at a perfect height for my needs.
Old March 29, 2017, 12:44 PM   #28
Itsa Bughunt

Quote:
Why would someone need a Riser to reinforce a bench top?
It moves the press back from the edge of the bench. I can see why the press might be more comfortable or easier to operate from a raised position, or to facilitate a different table height.