The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 18, 2006, 10:21 PM   #1
swipter

Ejectors to extractors, how difficult/pricey

On my 525 Citori, how difficult is it to change from ejectors to extractors and what would the cost be? Is it something I can do myself...I am no gunsmith.

Thanks
Old February 18, 2006, 10:37 PM   #2
BUCKMARK

This is something that can be done yourself. However, it's not a easy task and isn't something that is easy to explain over the net.

You must remove the ejector sears for each barrel and remove the small springs. Then replace the pins. The kicker is that this changes the way the forearm is replaced onto the gun.

Have a gunsmith that is good with the Citori remove the ejector sears and show you the way the gun was altered and how to reassemble the forearm.

This process takes well less than 30 mins. and should not cost you much. I did both my 12 and 28 gauge Citori clay guns.

Let's Roll!
Old February 18, 2006, 10:42 PM   #3
swipter

Thanks