The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old April 10, 2013, 10:18 PM   #1
airbrnpig

CVA Accura V2...comments?

I need another rifle like a hole in the head....I must like holes.

Got a great deal brewing on a Cva accurate V2. I just bought a TC Optima but had been debating between it and a new Accurate. Now I may be able to have both. Any experience with it or comments? Thanks all.
Old April 11, 2013, 09:32 PM   #2
airbrnpig

Cummins - whats the brand? Why the accurate v2?
Old April 13, 2013, 08:19 AM   #3
redrick

I have the older model Accura. I like the stock on it better than the new models. Mine is more slick feeling with texture in the right places. The new Accura's have what they call a Soft Touch coating, it is more rubbery feeling all over and sticks to my clothes. That is just my opinion of it, some will like it better for the grip.

Mine does not have the Quick Release Breech Plug and I like that feature on the newer Accura's and Optima's .

If I was going to get a new ML now, I would get the Optima. It has the old feel stock with the new QRBP and cost around $300 dollars.

Now if I was you and had the money for 2, I would just get the Savage and go smokeless.

TC makes the Omega and CVA the Optima.
Old April 18, 2013, 10:03 PM   #4
airbrnpig

redrick

Tc omega! Ha - good catch sir. Too much cruising the internet on reviews. Cant keep models straight. Just traded with brother and bought the v2. Liked how it felt. Keep hearing about the savage MLs though. Whatya love about it?
Old April 19, 2013, 02:58 PM   #5
redrick

The use of smokeless powder and not having to clean it right away after shooting it.