The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old January 9, 2013, 10:03 PM   #1
AdrianVall

My three new lovely ladies!

Hey guys,

Here are some pictures of my little family. The Sig P938 I aquired a couple months ago but have yet to post pictures. The Glock 17 Gen 4 and the CZ SP-01 Tactical were bought today. This whole gun control mess, I gotta admit, has bugged me out a little.. so these will be my two and only two high capacity handguns. My CWL has FINALLY come in today after waiting 84 days in total. Phew! Felt like it took FOREVER.

Anyway, pics! Sorry for the crappy quality.. it was done on my cell phone with just fan lighting.

I CAN'T WAIT to get to the range! Monday, one of my local ranges has half off range visits, so that is my day to go. Super excited!

I've taken the Sig to the range once and it shoots well. Hard to show any kind of accuracy, but it functioned perfectly. It'll take some learning I suppose. This CZ fits AMAAAAAAAAAZING in my hand. When I saw one, I asked to hold it, and it was love at first sight. Only thing I don't like about it is the slide is pretty small making it a little hard to rack. But this is now my new bedside gun.

Ok, sorry.. enought babbling. Back to pictures.

Cheers,
Adrian
Old January 10, 2013, 10:49 AM   #2
Pilot

All winners you've got there, especially the CZ! Nice!
Old January 10, 2013, 10:54 AM   #3
Tactical Jackalope

Nice!! Very nice! The one I'd bet my life on under stress would be the Glock though.

I'm impressed you picked up on the slide of CZ. Try doing a quick rack of the slide on that on a reload just for giggles. Not my cup of tea. Awesome and accurate range gun IMO.

The Glock would be IWB @ 4:00 and that SIG 938 would be in my pocket if I had that set up.

You did great. Congrats on the permit! Finally.
Old January 10, 2013, 11:07 AM   #4
LelloBeetle

I'm so interested in a CZ either in 9mm or .45acp, but have yet to hold one. They're never in stock when I'm in my local stores. Enjoy!
Old January 10, 2013, 12:09 PM   #5
AdrianVall

Thanks guys! Greatly appreciate the kind words.

As of now, my bedside gun is the CZ only because it has night sights. Once I put night sights on the glock, it will replace the CZ. The Sig is pocket carried in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Lellobeetle: The gun shop I went to actually had two in stock. I tried looking online for one but could not find one anywhere. So I jumped at the chance to get it. I was planning on getting an STI Spartan, but with all this high cap magazine ban talk, I figured this would be the smarter move first.
Old January 10, 2013, 02:53 PM   #6
chris in va

Nice CZ.

The gun will get better with age. Give it a few range trips to settle in. Also consider a Wolff 15# hammer spring right away.
Old January 10, 2013, 07:58 PM   #7
tekarra

Three fine ladies, but I am partial to the cZ.
Old January 10, 2013, 08:04 PM   #8
AdrianVall

Wow! These CZ's seem to get a lot of love! Didn't realize they are so popular! Guess I made a good decision in my purchase.
Old January 10, 2013, 08:09 PM   #9
max it

HI Ya Adrian, I shoot mostly XD9-Tactical for competition so far. But recently acquired a used CZ75B there is no comparison. This is the only gun I can compare to my 1911 in accuracy and comfort of feel.
Two great places for info, parts, and repairs; cajungunworks and czcustom.
as they say on the stage 'break a leg!'.