The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old August 26, 2002, 08:38 PM   #1
HunterCL

Dealers around Bay Area, California

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a gunshop/smithy/range here in the bay area. I'm planning to get my BFSC and would like to purchase a firearm locally depending of prices of course . Preferably somewhere around San Francisco. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HunterCL
Old August 26, 2002, 11:12 PM   #2
sven

Reed's has a gunstore and a 20-lane range out to 25 yards.

http://www.reedssportshop.com

Bay Area shooters gather at the Indoor Range on the first monday of each month. Here's the latest annoucement on TFL, including more info and pictures of my new grips. =)
Old August 27, 2002, 12:05 AM   #3
HunterCL

Thanks sven,

I discovered the search option and was able to find a bunch of postings on different places Unfortunately I don't think i'll be able to make the meet What are your thoughts as far as their prices on handguns? Also what is your opinion on target masters and Bullseye? in San Rafael? Thanks for the info!

HunterCL

P.S. Those are some sweet grips!
Old August 28, 2002, 10:59 AM   #4
CWL

Reeds in San Jose has consistently over the years had some of the best prices in the Bay Area for guns & ammo. Both locations are a bit of a drive for you tho.

Somewhere else to look at is Jackson Arms in So. SF. They are under new management & hopefully, better priced.
Old August 28, 2002, 06:28 PM   #5
HunterCL

Thanks CWL, I'll check it out. I remember seeing a post that mentioned they weren't too customer oriented. But if they're under new management perhaps they've worked that out.

HunterCL
Old August 28, 2002, 06:31 PM   #6
sven

Keep in mind that Reed's is privately, locally owned, and that your money is staying in the community if you support Jim and his operation.

Eric runs the range and is a great guy. Now, if they could just get their website together...
Old August 28, 2002, 07:15 PM   #7
HunterCL

Thanks sven, I will keep that in mind. I'm probably gonna go check out the various shops tomorrow. At this point looks like i'm gonna visit Jackson Arms, Target Masters, and Reed's. Thanks for the info.

HunterCL
Old August 29, 2002, 02:20 AM   #8
HunterCL

I just found another store from the web, it's located in South San Francisco. Has anyone been to this store: Armanino Gun Store? Thanks.

HunterCL
Old September 1, 2002, 02:50 PM   #9
HunterCL

Just wanted to drop a note that I ended up at Reed's. Good people and good prices. Talked mainly with Mike for the Testing and purchase, but also spoke with another person there Peter I believe was his name. Both were knowledgable and good customer service. Couldn't ask for anything more. Got my BFSC, but didn't actually make a purchase yet. My buddy went with me and he actually picked up a SIG Pro.

Other two places I visited; Jackson Arms and Target Masters weren't too bad either. Looks like what CWL said about it being under new management has changed it a bit from previous posts. The guy there was very helpful, but the prices for purchases were just a tad high for me. Target Masters was a nice spot too, but I ended up going to Reed's for the testing and purchase. Definitely a good store to go to here in the bay area.