The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old June 29, 2012, 04:55 PM   #1
Mastrogiacomo

Dog shot in face - a worthy cause....

Dog Shot in the Face While Protecting Family
More on PawNation: Awesome, Dogs, Talented

By Sara Tan Jun 29th 2012
Zeus, a 5-year-old Doberman Pinscher, is recovering from surgery after being shot in the face while protecting his family, WDSU-TV reports.

According to his owner, Henry McCaskill, Zeus began barking at the back door of their home. McCaskill let Zeus out and the dog ran to the back of the house, apparently to thwart an attempted home invasion. Before McCaskill could see what was going on, he heard a gunshot.

The would-be intruder shot Zeus in the face, and while the dog miraculously survived, the bullet broke his jaw and several teeth, excited through his neck and lodged in his shoulder. A veterinarian removed the bullet Wednesday.

McCaskill told WVUE-TV that he is extremely grateful Zeus survived, but the medical expenses have become a burden for the family.

RELATED: Amazing War Hero Animals

Thankfully, the Humane Society of Louisiana decided to help the McCaskills by setting up the "Zeus Medical Fund." All donations will go to family to help with the costs of Zeus' surgery and his care during recovery. The non-profit expects those fees will run up to $3,500, roughly how much the McCaskills need.

If you wish to donate, mail checks to the Humane Society of Louisiana, P.O. Box 740321, New Orleans, LA 70174. Make sure you write "Zeus Medical Fund" in the check memo space.

You can also donate online at www.humanela.org or over the phone at 1-888-6-Humane.

http://www.pawnation.com/2012/06/29/...family/#page=1
Old June 29, 2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Ichiban

''The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.''
Old June 29, 2012, 07:12 PM   #3
bdb benzino

Definately a good cause! I have four dogs that are family to my wife, my daughter, and I. We live on farm out of town, and people cant get within 50yards of our house with out setting off the "dog alarm". They are awesome companions that would do anything they could to protect us.
Thats great what the humane society is doing for him!
Old June 29, 2012, 07:22 PM   #4
grubbylabs

I would not do any thing for or with the humane society. I feel bad that the peoples dog was hurt, but I wont have any thing at all to do with the humane society. They are as anti gun as any other liberal organization.

Nope, the old nag's still dead .
(Capt Charlie)
Old June 29, 2012, 09:09 PM   #5
Tom Servo
Staff

It's a touching story and worth noting, but it's not really gun related.
Closed Thread