The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 28, 2006, 01:23 AM   #1
Playboypenguin

Gun/Jewelry boxes

Thought some people might like to see some of the boxes I have built. I posted them on my regular board and thought I would post them here too. I used to occasionally sell them at saturday market. That is an artist market here in Portland. I built each box to be used as either a gun box or jewelry box simply by changing the the interior. The lids where hidden pressure release hinges. I made the boxes out of exotic woods then burnt artwork into the tops and painted the design portion of the lids. I would make the gun molds buy pressing the guns into a hard foam like sunstandce. Then I would heat and smooth the surface with a blow torch then coat the mold with felt. Until recently I still used one of them to keep my gun in on the dresser. Then I got the firger touch gun vault I have now.

Old February 28, 2006, 09:32 PM   #2
bulbboy

Pretty cool !! You are very handy! How much are those going for?
Old February 28, 2006, 11:13 PM   #3
Playboypenguin

I do not make them anymore. It was an old hobby I had a few years ago when I was working in the mental health field.
Old March 2, 2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Bosshoff

Looks like they would be very inviting to a young child or a thief. But in a perfect world, I like them.
Old March 2, 2006, 09:32 AM   #5
Playboypenguin

Bosshoff, they are not intended as safes but a guy that bought one from me in Beaverton, OR told me his apt was robbed and he keeps one on his nightstand with his SW .38 in it. He said they took his $80 TV but left the weapon. They picked the box up and moved it but apparently did not find the hidden spring release to open the box and did not bother taking it with them. He said they did take his knife he has in the nightstand drawer right below it....so you never know.