The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old November 28, 2012, 03:22 PM   #1
tAKticool

Remington SuperCell for a Hogue OverMolded stock?

hi all,

I am a new owner of a Remington 700 SPS Tactical "AAC-SD" model. It comes with a Hogue OverMolded stock, and some sort of "Hogue" labeled buttpad. I bought a Remington SuperCell recoil pad for synthetic stock 700s, it's not even close to fitting. Completely different.

Now normally I am a LimbSaver man and I am here to tell you, LimbSaver makes a TREMENDOUS difference on my M930SPX / new 870 TacMag ... but the SuperCell was supposed to be at least as good if not better, supposed to be easier to install (LimbSaver never quite is as easy as it sounds for me...) and ... it was less than half the price.

Well, sure as sugar, the Synthetic Stock 700 model (Of which I assumed I had) doesn't fit. Is there a SuperCell model specific to the Hogue OverMolded stocks? Thanks much
Old November 28, 2012, 03:39 PM   #2
jmr40

Hogue uses their own version of one of the hi-tech pads. It is already pretty good and along with the weight of the Hogue stocks I would'nt think it would benefit much from a new pad.
Old November 28, 2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Revoliver

Have you fired the rifle to begin with to determine if the hogue overmold pad is insufficient for you or are you just changing it out beforehand out of habit or desire?

I have a Ruger Hawkeye Tactical in .308 with nearly the exact same Hogue overmold stock (I believe the only differences are that yours is ghellie green and that mine has two studs up front and a Ruger medalion in the butt of the grip) and can vouch for it's effectiveness at reducing felt recoil.

Though I do admit that everyone's tolerances are different, so I'd say at least put a few rounds through it stock before you spend any more money on something that may not be necessary unless it is for continuity aesthetics between guns.

Last edited by Revoliver; November 28, 2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old November 28, 2012, 07:54 PM   #4
tAKticool

Yeah pretty much was replacing out of habit and desire, if ya'll say it's already pretty good than I will try it.

I have to say it doesn't Look or feel like a LimbSaver or SuperCell but hey, when did Looks have anything to do with it? If it works that is fine with me, thanks.