The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old May 18, 2000, 06:29 AM   #1
USP45usp

I have a Burgo .22, nine shot revolver. I know it's either before or after the RG10 model. Most everything I've looked up refers to the RG10 but no mention of the actual Burgo. This gun also has an eagle on the cylinder, the barrel and the frame of the gun. It looks like the nazi eagle but it's so worn down I don't know if it is or not. I have a nazi youth dagger (I am a collector, I have nothing against the Jewish peoples) and the symbol looks the same. It does say, Made in Germany with no destinction between East or West. Just wondering about the history of the gun. Thank you in advance.
Old May 18, 2000, 08:35 AM   #2
fal308
Staff Alumnus

Don't have any information offhand but it could be pre-war if it says Germany. The RG series of handguns are post-war, made by Rohm.
I'll look in some other sources to see if I can find anything or perhaps someone else has some information forthcoming.
Old May 18, 2000, 01:28 PM   #3
Steven Mace

Burgo was a trade name used by K. Burgsmuller Sen. from Krelensen, Germany on Rohm revolvers. My information shows these were Rohm RG10 revolvers sold under a different name. In excellent condition it might be worth about $150-$175. Hope this helps!

Steve Mace

------------------
After today, its all historical
Old May 18, 2000, 10:49 PM   #4
James K
Member In Memoriam

The eagle is not a Nazi eagle and the gun has no historical value. Some would say it has very little value of any kind. Those guns, selling for as little as $10 in the 50's and 60's were the original Saturday Night Specials and helped bring on a plethora of gun laws.

Jim

[This message has been edited by Jim Keenan (edited May 18, 2000).]
Old May 19, 2000, 12:06 PM   #5
USP45usp

Well, if it is an "original" SNS then it has value to me... I can actually hold my head up and proudly state, "I own an original SNS!". I know, to some it may sound stupid and whether the gun is worth $10 or $150 doesn't matter to me. I own something the anti's really hate.. makes me unable to live in places like kalifornia (some areas) and other states. Sets me apart from those who have "modern day" SNS's, I have an SNS that created the original name (NTSNS's). To be PC I will not spell out the NT on this one. Sure, the pistol is made of pot metal, couldn't hit the side of a barn at 1 foot (centered) and such but to me it does have historical value, more now, then before. Am kinda glad that it's not a part of nazi germany.. I told myself that I would be unbiased in my collection and the knife plus some other stuff is enough for me. I am looking for a Luger though, with correct markings. Thanks all, and if you come up with anything else I would be happy to hear it. USP45usp

[This message has been edited by USP45usp (edited May 19, 2000).]