The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 1, 2018, 06:01 PM   #1
rjinga

Stealthgear Revolution Appendix holster for Shield 9mm

In the on-going process of trying different holsters, I forked out just over $100.00 (shipping included) for a Stealthgear Ventcore Appendix holster for my Sig P229. However, that was the last holster I bought for it, and it is far and away my favorite.

Since the Shield was smaller and lighter than the Sig, in my mind I just couldn't justify $100.00 for another Ventcore. And, since the Revolution line was new and hip-looking (and wasn't the Ventcore anyway), I just assumed that it would be at least as much as the Ventcore, if not more. So, I didn't even look into the Revolution holster until recently. When I did finally look, and discovered that Amazon had them for $54.95 (with free shipping), I signed up for the Amazon Visa card, with its $50.00 reward, and got the holster for $4.95, delivered today.

You can find plenty of videos and articles discussing the "proprietary ACX-57 polymer" holster backing. I'll just say that it is flexible, and the surface that contacts your skin feels like soft foam, even though it is non-compressible (between my fingers anyway). I really prefer the two smaller clips, one on each side, over the one clip in the middle. And yes, even though it's labeled as an appendix holster, I wear it at the 3:00 position.

After a couple of days of wear, I'll post an update.

Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm; PTR 91, GI model; Chinese Type 56 SKS; Smith & Wesson Shield 9mm

Last edited by rjinga; February 2, 2018 at 07:42 PM.