The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: General Handgun Forum

Old July 30, 2011, 01:17 AM   #26
MikeNice81

Quote:
Remington UMC is the worst American name around.
I have shot it in 9mm and .38spl and never had any issue. It is a little more dirty than others. Other than that it has worked just fine. I do think it is a little over priced compared to WWB, Federal Champion, Aguila, and some others.

Of the original three in the OP I like to use Aguila. It is actually Remington ammo made in Mexico. It shoots clean and accurate. Plus, it isn't much more than the steel Russian ammo.
Old July 30, 2011, 07:10 PM   #27
JACK308

UMC .223 I think there JUNK thats why they are on sale all the time.
Old August 1, 2011, 08:18 AM   #28
dajowi

Wolf ammo doesn't work in my Kimber.
UMC 115 is weak and didn't function well in my EMP.
Any steel cased ammo.
Old August 1, 2011, 10:14 AM   #29
zombieslayer

Umc is my least favorite ammo. Period. The only Remington ammo I use is Golden Saber.
Old August 1, 2011, 10:53 AM   #30
icedog88

I have used Brown Bear in both my 92 fs and my Bersa with no problem. Haven't used Aguila in 9mm but do run it thru a .45. No issues with that. Just bought Wolf in 9mm but have not tried it yet. PMC (Korean I believe) makes decent range ammo. TULA left grains in both my P238 and Taurus .380s with failures to cycle as well. Again, have not tried it in 9mm.

Tags
ammo , ammo rating , ammunition