The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old April 15, 2007, 12:08 AM   #1
Stargazer

Remote Control Chrony

The remote unit fits nicely inside the Chrony and so did the 14.5 volt battery pack to power it and the relays. I have tried the remote way farther away than the Chrony will ever be and it works as intended. One channel does the reset and one accesses the data stored inside.

Now I am not so lazy as to get up and reset the unit ever so often, but when you have a bad lighting conditon and get constant errors the getting up and down just to turn it off and back on gets old quick. And the wire for the remote switch is a hazard waiting to be tripped on and/or yank the Chrony to the ground. Now no wires to contend with.

All together I have a Saturday afternoon, 3-4 hours in the project and about $35 total. I could have gotten the remote display upgrade for about the same money, but the wire would still be in the picture. It all fits inside the Chrony and still folds up as designed, even holds the remote transmitter. Testing with CO2 pistol in the backyard tomorrow. I still need to add an on/off switch for the remote unit but that can be added later on. Otherwise it is done.

M70 Web Page