The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old October 24, 2006, 05:54 PM   #1
T-man 18

Feeding Issues On A Jennings 9mm

A friend of mine purchased a Jennings 9mm pistol(Not sure what model it is) and it is every third shot it loads the rounds incorrectly sometimes it turns the bullet horizontal so that the primer is sticking straight up it also turns the round to the side. I would also like information on the pistol and disassembly intructions?
Old October 24, 2006, 07:27 PM   #2
Rimrod

If you're using hollow points try full metal jacketed rounds. If you're already using FMJ ammo, or changing doesn't work try a different magazine.

To field strip it look on the back of the slide for a piece that looks like a 'keyhole'. With the magazine removed and the gun un-cocked push this piece in while pulling backward and up on the slide. The slide will lift up off the frame and then ease the slide forward and off the frame. The recoil spring may fall out at this time so be sure not to loose it. (During reassembly it goes around the barrel.)

While they are not high quality firearms I have seen some that are very accurate. Getting them to work can be a chore sometimes with the biggest problem being the magazines.