The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old November 27, 2005, 03:56 PM   #26
IZinterrogator

Ahh, but it is so, gdeal. The Surefire vertical foregrip with IR nav lights is in my hot little hands. Spiff has been out-ubered according to Wildalaska, an unbiased third party. Spiff has not responded with a more tacticool photo, but these things take time, so he may do so in the near future.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams

Last edited by IZinterrogator; November 27, 2005 at 05:21 PM.
Old November 27, 2005, 05:00 PM   #27
The British Soldier

Gentlemen, my apologies; our drier 'than a bar with the beer run out' humour did not translate and I'm sorry if it upset you.

Meanwhile, whatever you guys want to do as consenting adults in the privacy of your own back gardens is okay with me! I'd try it myself but the Armed Response Team would be all over me like a rash!

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling.
Old November 27, 2005, 05:20 PM   #28
IZinterrogator

Mike, you always have to remember the or the or the . Without that, one must assume that you are being serious. As for the Armed Response Team, I did that at one in the morning to assure that my neighbors weren't unduly alarmed. However, I was a little spooked when I thought I saw my neighbor going into his kitchen. Turns out it was CelticMP coming outside with the camera reflecting off of the neighbor's kitchen window, thank goodness.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!” - Samuel Adams
Old November 27, 2005, 09:06 PM   #29
USP45usp

British humor.... I've forgotten my Dutch upbringing.

That is why I saw the and the that I was thinking of.

I recind my post. My apologizes on this one.

Wayne

Droevig. Vergeten over Britten en hoe zij zijn.
Old November 27, 2005, 11:17 PM   #30
IZHUMINTER

Hey IZ...

Remind me to pack some of my Ninja gear for my visit in a month; I'll have to take pics in your yard to show how much more Ninja-like than Spiff I am.

Ooh...we could unite our wondertwin powers! I sincerely doubt Spiff could match that...
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old November 27, 2005, 11:45 PM   #31
IZinterrogator

How much ninja gear do you have left? Or will you be borrowing some of mine?

Oh man, if you're coming here, that means I need more ammo for the range. I am seriously depleted right now after CelticMP and I went shooting with our 98C friend Friday.
Old November 28, 2005, 12:58 PM   #32
spacemanspiff

curses! foiled again!!!

ooooooo you durn ninja! i'll get you someday!!!

dude, for all the ninjatude you display there, the simple fact your sidearm is a wimpy 9mm brings you back down. i wouldnt say it makes us equals (though i could definitely do more with my 7 rounds of 230gr fmj 45acp than your 60 rounds of 115gr jhps) but i wont have to add too many accessories to retake the crown.

do you hear that, you nontactical nay-sayers??? i shall return one day! and there will be a reckoning! your king will rule once more!

Quote:
Ooh...we could unite our wondertwin powers! I sincerely doubt Spiff could match that...
i dunno. i am like really really fat. i am the weight equivalent of twins and sometimes triplets.
Old November 28, 2005, 06:05 PM   #33
IZinterrogator

Spiff, I doubt you weigh as much as our combined 370. As for your kingdom being usurped, I think the throne needs to be reupholstered. A Malibu Barbie motif isn't my idea of a suitable upholstery for the king ninja's throne. And what was this doing sitting next to the throne?

Old November 28, 2005, 06:23 PM   #34
spacemanspiff

mis-direction, fool! you cant be taking that malibu barbie decorum at its face value. i had like secret plans and passcodes all written up for me to use with my special surefire blacklight leds and whatnot.

ooooooooo that reminds me, about the throne.....if i were you i wouldnt be using no infrared or black lights around there anytime soon. there might still be some 'evidence' i didnt clean up. :barf:

and whats wrong with pink furniture ar's? that was like, all custom work. try it, its a 'scratch-n-sniff' stock.
Old November 28, 2005, 06:42 PM   #35
IZinterrogator

Mmmm, bubble gum! And cordite.

Oh, and about the picture I found wedged in between the cushions... are both those girls 18? And why are you dressed up like a cowboy?
Old November 28, 2005, 06:50 PM   #36
spacemanspiff

you know WA will be super upset if you get this thread locked before he gets back from vacation!

spacemantherestwointhepic?ithoughtiwasjustdrunkandseeingdoublespiff
Old November 28, 2005, 07:11 PM   #37
IZinterrogator

Oooohhh, right...

So anyway, back on topic...
Quote:
yeah, now if only i could shoot the darned thing with consistant accuracy.
I think that I figured this out when I was zeroing the ACOG Friday. That mil-spec trigger is to blame. I screwed up and started shooting my handguns before zeroing instead of vice-versa. Zeroing was murder. My trigger finger was sore, I was hungry, I'd been shooting for five hours straight, etc., etc. Anyway, I would pull the slack out of the trigger, then pull and hit an extremely heavy stop in the trigger before it broke. It might not have been really heavy, but I was shooting single-actions all morning and it sure felt heavy after that. I would hit the stop, then lose the reticle, then realize I wasn't breathing, so on and so forth. It took 50 rounds to get it zeroed. Of course, the first twenty rounds was just getting it on paper (I was zeroing at 100 yards). I got my last two within 1/2 inch on the bullseye and called it a day. CelticMP then picked it up and put ten shots in the bullseye. I hate shooting with former snipers.
Old November 28, 2005, 07:18 PM   #38
spacemanspiff

yeah but if it was bench rested your sore wimpy finger shouldnt have been jerking that muzzle too much, right? you DID take off the surefire to get a good rest from the bench, RIGHT????

i know what the problem is though. you need a bigger bullseye.
Old November 28, 2005, 11:11 PM   #39
IZinterrogator

Quote:
you DID take off the surefire to get a good rest from the bench, RIGHT????
What, and screw up the barrel harmonics when I remount it? Are you nuts, that thing ain't free-floated, you know! I had the light part of the Surefire resting on a sandbag, the foregrip part wasn't touching the bench.
Old November 28, 2005, 11:53 PM   #40
CelticMP

Hello?

why do i keep coming up in this ? i have no ninjatude. i just take the pictures.
Quote:
It took 50 rounds to get it zeroed.
As far as that goes...........lets just say fear the pistol not the rifle i spotted for the zeroing and the it took a bit. When i got to shoot it w/ ACOG it was super sweet. 10 rounds in a 2x2 no problem at 100yds without even trying to take my time.
Quote:
I hate shooting with former snipers.
And this isnt my fault Uncle Sam wont send you (not that you could hit anything when you got there ). Try for the Army Pistol Team more your......forte.
Old November 29, 2005, 02:10 PM   #41
spacemanspiff

oo ooooo oooo! do they have a position for magazine loader?
Old November 29, 2005, 05:44 PM   #42
IZHUMINTER

Quote:
dude, for all the ninjatude you display there, the simple fact your sidearm is a wimpy 9mm brings you back down.
We'll make sure to wear our Warriors for the wonder twin shots. Like we'd use 9mm if we didn't have to at work!
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." -Ernest Hemingway, On The Blue Water: A Gulf Stream Letter
Old November 29, 2005, 09:05 PM   #43
IZinterrogator

Quote:
We'll make sure to wear our Warriors for the wonder twin shots.
Great, now I have to buy another leg holster!
Old November 30, 2005, 11:56 AM   #44
IZinterrogator

it is true

IZInterogator and IZhuminter are like frick and frack , but armed to the teeth. Frightening when you think about it. But they do have some really nice weapons, and Spiff i think your ninjatude is definately on shaky ground with the Blunder ...oops Wonder Twins around

Edit: CelticMP didn't know I was still logged in on the computer and posted that using my user name, sorry.

Last edited by IZinterrogator; November 30, 2005 at 06:36 PM.
Old November 30, 2005, 12:27 PM   #45
Wildalaska

You guys are crazy, Im cutting you off from toys

WildheyhowaboutnightvisionAlaska
Old November 30, 2005, 12:45 PM   #46
spacemanspiff

forget that! its a race for who gets the surefire suppressor first!
Old November 30, 2005, 01:33 PM   #47
Jart

Somebody tell us decibel challanged types what's up with those can thingies.

Form 4 at 200.00 is easy enough to grasp, but what's the deal with brand "G" being 600.00 and brand "S" being 2,500.00?

Whatcho get for the extra 1,900.00?

Gots no moving parts, so I'm guessing it's not reliability. Too ninja to be engraving extras (duh), maybe an extra 10dB? Glows cherry red without falling off?

Inquiring minds want to know.
Us mere mortals are never going to get to do side-by-side comparisons.
Old November 30, 2005, 05:20 PM   #48
spacemanspiff

where are you finding a $2500 price tag for a surefire suppressor? granted, they are going to cost us lowly civilians a few extra pennies, nickels, dimes, and some greenbacks than the next brand, but i seriously doubt the cost will be much more than a colt 6920 is sellling for nowadays!
Old November 30, 2005, 06:38 PM   #49
IZinterrogator

Wild, how was Florida?

IZgotanyPVS-14savailableinterrogator
Old November 30, 2005, 06:42 PM   #50
Wildalaska

I went to one gunshop in Florida, called Universal Firearms, it sucked so bad I walked out

Other than that I ate like a pig for 12 days.

WildandthentherewasthetsafunstuffAlaska