The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 29, 2015, 10:22 AM   #1
9ballbilly

removing disconnect on Browning Hi-Power

I'd like to remove the magazine disconnect on my FN Hi-power 9mm.

I watched what videos I could find and it looked like a simple job of punching out the pin in the trigger, moving the upright bar (part of the transfer bar system?) to the rear, and pushing out the disconnect.

No problem following the steps except the disconnect was not free for removal. I coated it with WD-40 thinking crud might be holding it in place, but still no dice.

It seems like I missed a step somewhere along the line. Any help would be appreciated. My gun was produced in 1989 BTW.

Thanks
Old July 29, 2015, 12:10 PM   #2
roashooter

just to be clear....the method show on utube...only works on MK11 or older....if your FN is a MK111...you have to remove the entire trigger assy....out the trigger well....you will see a second small crosspin...that holds the mag disconnect and its spring captive. be careful when you dive that pin out....the mag disconnect will shoot out with a lot of energy.