The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Closed Thread

Old April 26, 2011, 11:58 AM   #1
jag101

New Type of Cross bow

Take a look at this new In-Line Crossbow. 5 lbs 6 oz, 18 1/2 inches a-a. at 75 pounds it shoots a 350 gr. arrow at 310-315 fps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCKfM4rxOg
Old April 26, 2011, 12:14 PM   #2
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

It's a draw-loc. You can put one on any bow. They just designed a bow specifically for it. It doesn't meet the definition of crossbow in (at least some) places. Even if it did meet the definition, it seems to have all the worst qualities of a bow AND a crossbow, without the redeeming qualities of either.
Old April 26, 2011, 01:37 PM   #3
macsters

redeeming quality of bow: long draw length=more power (why you can get 315 fps out of 75 lb draw on a bow but on a crossbow with 150 lb draw you can only get alike 350 fps)

another redeeming quality of bow: lighter draw means you can draw with your hands. no need for a device to aid you.

redeeming quality of crossbow: ability to fire without holding a draw, which results in increased accuracy and ease of use.

seems to have redeeming qualities of both.

the law does get weird on this kind of thing, so if i were them i would just turn the bow sideways and make it a permanent fixture. legal issues solved.
Old April 26, 2011, 02:43 PM   #4
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsters
redeeming quality of bow: long draw length=more power (why you can get 315 fps out of 75 lb draw on a bow but on a crossbow with 150 lb draw you can only get alike 350 fps)

another redeeming quality of bow: lighter draw means you can draw with your hands. no need for a device to aid you.

redeeming quality of crossbow: ability to fire without holding a draw, which results in increased accuracy and ease of use.

seems to have redeeming qualities of both.

the law does get weird on this kind of thing, so if i were them i would just turn the bow sideways and make it a permanent fixture. legal issues solved.
It's a bow that takes up the space of a crossbow, draws like a crossbow but can't be handled like a crossbow (rifle) that shoots no faster (in fact slower) than an equivalent bow, that has a trigger like a draw-loc (crappy), rather than a good release like a bow... Yet it's not legally a crossbow in many places AND not legally (for hunting) a bow in some places.

You don't get rifle like handling and aim like a crossbow, you don't get backtension type archery accuracy, you take up more space than a bow, or frankly even a crossbow from the look of it...

Ultimately, it is a custom designed bow with a draw-loc. It's nothing special, and not even USEFUL in many, if not most, places.
Old April 28, 2011, 10:55 AM   #5
jag101

Peetzella or whatever,

U must be a very unhappy dude to be so negative. Its obvious you know nothing about this product. Visit some of the other forums (Archery Talk, Cossbow Nation) and see what others are saying about it. Maybe try seaking theray for your "anger issues".
Old April 28, 2011, 10:59 AM   #6
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Really now.

Tell me where I'm wrong.
Old April 28, 2011, 12:40 PM   #7
jag101

Peetzella or what ever,

OK, though I think It is a big waste of time, I will do it anyway.The power stroke of this bow is 20 inches, about the same as any 27 inch draw length compound bow with a 7 in brace height. This little bow at 70 lbs is shooting 310-315 fps with a 350 gr arrow. How many bows out there on the market shoot that fast at that short of a draw length? VERY FEW if any! The trigger is very advanced with anti-dryfire, only someone that has never shot one would make a comment like that. How do I know this? Because they are shipping to the market starting this week, and unless YOU are one of the few privileged (which You are NOT) to shoot it, you would not know. It can be shot horizontal with a scope, just as any convential crossbow. (search Youtube In-Line Crossbow). Legality- MOST all states either treat the Draw-Loc System as either a Crossbow, just a legal accessory for a compound, or a Modified Bow for disabled archers. there are a only few states 4-5 states that do not allow Draw-Locs in some form, and some of those states (IN, PA) are addressing them this year. It is important that when you lay your words out for all to see, that you get you information right. It makes you look dumb as HELL! How does it feel to wrong about everything? This will be my last reply to you. After reading what you have written and my response, everyone will know why.
Old April 28, 2011, 12:48 PM   #8
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Short story, 315 at 70lbs is not impressive. Your claims about the legal treatment are incomplete at best. There are lots of "very advanced" things that aren't better than "less advanced" things.

And your attitude is not welcome on this forum. You have been reported.

You can't discuss a product without name calling and profanity and I'm the one with anger problems?

Me thinks you have a personal stake in this product. Therefore, your "opinion" is marketing and nothing more.
Old April 28, 2011, 01:14 PM   #9
cornbush

In Utah its not legal for any game animal. It's not a bow, and its not a crossbow which are also not legal unless you have a medical waiver.
Old April 28, 2011, 01:46 PM   #10
ohen cepel

Jag,
I know nothing about bows nor crossbows.

However, when your first post here is to promote something it seems fishy at best.

Then, your follow up posts are caustic and not at all helpful to your cause.

You may want to rethink your commo method if you want to try to promote something. You're sure not helping your cause now with your behavior.

NRA Life Benefactor Member
Old April 28, 2011, 02:33 PM   #11
jag101

Cornbush,
Here is the regulation in Utah. http://wildlife.utah.gov/rules/R657-12.php
This for a Crossbow & Draw-Loc permit.

You see, that is why I get upset at things that people write and say. The place you thought it to be illegal for everyone, is allowed for crossbow permitted persons. It's like this in most all states, but people do not read the regulations. They just make statements, because they assume it to be so.

If you do a little bit of research, you will see that everything I stated above to be factual. I am sure that if someone was TRASHING equipment that you used, it would somewhat bother you. Right? Especially if what he was saying was absolutly FALSE! Please excuse my bluntness. I am just putting out fires.
Thank you
Old April 28, 2011, 02:46 PM   #12
Don H

jag101,

What is your connection to this product?
Old April 28, 2011, 02:50 PM   #13
Mike Irwin
Staff

"I am just putting out fires."

So am I.

Closed.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread