The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old November 9, 2014, 10:10 PM   #1
FrontierGander

Bought another builder

This will make the 3rd CVA Hawken I have built up. I struck gold once more and got the Hawken with the 1" barrel channel which makes for a super easy 54-58caliber barrel drop in conversion.

The only problem, After I shot the factory .50cal barrel on it, I am considering leaving it as is. I already have a 58cal Hawken built off the CVA Hawken stock. I've considered selling this Hawken once I get everything refinished on it. Not sure yet.

I've already polished the trigger and the lock internals, they are now super crisp and the lock feels as smooth as silk. I also bedded the tang and trigger plate so the screw now stops solid once its tight and will stay put!

First 2 shots are the top, next 4 in the bulls eye with adjustment. 50 yards with 70gr Goex 2f, .490" home cast round balls, Mr Flintlocks Patch lube.