The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old August 23, 2010, 03:09 PM   #1
spclPatrolGroup

Going #1 with a holster

I have been reading a bunch of threads on holsters, and it seems the smart carry is popular, as well as a similar one by thunderwear. Both allow you to put your gun down the front of your pants. However both of these look like they would be in the way when it comes time to tinkle. Do you slide them over to make way, only use the stall, or do they ride above the dip stick?

Also I have been looking at the black hawk check six, anyone got anything good\bad to say about them?

http://thunderwear.com/
http://www.smartcarry.com/photos.html
Old August 23, 2010, 04:40 PM   #2
spclPatrolGroup

D'oh I didnt read the FAQ well enough, I found the answer.
Old August 23, 2010, 08:54 PM   #3
tony pasley

Go out and get a good box I recommend 12x12x12 to start with then you will have a place to store all the holsters that you thought would be "the one" or this one had so many great reviews or was recommended by so many. Good luck on your search for the best holster for you.
Old August 24, 2010, 05:36 PM   #4
Magnum-PI

I have a good box of holsters that I thought were #1. Actually, I have a few boxes of things that I thought would be #1. Thats why they have craigslist and yard sales.
Old August 25, 2010, 11:20 AM   #5
Historyedguru

I've worn both a j-frame smith and a Makarov in a Thunderwear holster and they are comfortable and concealing. They also contain two "pockets", one for the weapon and one for extra ammunition. Lastly, since in male culture, it is frowned upon to stare at or "feel up" another man's crotch, they tend to conceal quite readily and evade the scrutiny other places may receive!
Old August 25, 2010, 12:09 PM   #6
2cooltoolz

I thought at first he was going with the #1 holster (Milt Sparks ?), the I realized he was talking about DOING #1 with a holster. I've wondered the same thing about the smart holster.
Old August 25, 2010, 02:13 PM   #7
spclPatrolGroup

MTAC

Hey guys, after much research and internal debate I have finally settled on a holster and a MTAC should be on its way shortly, I was debating the supertuck and MTAC, what sold me was the time for an MTAC is currenly about 5 days, the supertuck said there was a 3 week leed time.

Tags
holster