The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old December 31, 2013, 04:55 AM   #1
JMP

Malware

When I try to go into the '.223 won't chamber' thread in the handloading forum I get a message from Chrome saying there is Malware from fluidlight . com there and my computer will be infected.
Old December 31, 2013, 09:17 AM   #2
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Actually, if you google that site, you will see that there is a page that goes to what the message actually says: "This site may harm your computer" notification - Search Help

So it appears that there may be something there, but google doesn't know what it actually is. It is merely warning you. What is on the thread you received the warning from, is a picture that is hosted at that site. It is from the very first post of the thread.

Is there actually some type of malware there? Very possible. Yet I would hazard a guess that it isn't the picture involved in the thread, else more people would be reporting this.
Old December 31, 2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Clark

I am getting the same thing from the same thread, but not other threads.

Danger: Malware Ahead!
Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on thefiringline.com.
Content from www.fluidlight.com, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware.
Malware is malicious software that causes things like identity theft, financial loss, and permanent file deletion. Learn more
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old December 31, 2013, 11:31 PM   #4
JohnKSa
Staff

McAfee doesn't seem to have a problem with it, but Google Chrome does not like it at all.

For reference, as Al noted, the offending object is a photo in the OP showing the cases that wouldn't chamber. The pictures are hosted on fluidlight.