The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old October 16, 2004, 06:28 PM   #1
dviant

1892 marlin

howdy...... lets try this again.... i have a 1892 marlin pumpshotgun that needs some cleaning and i ,am having some trouble getting the barrel off....... little help please .. i also have a 1894 marlin shotgun also all in pieces it is a mod 21 i can not find any info on the 21..... can you please help me......... my great grand father would be proud that i still use these guns 110 years later
Old October 19, 2004, 10:27 AM   #2
Harley Nolden
Staff In Memoriam

I wish I could help you, but I don't have the information you seek

HJN
Old October 20, 2004, 12:33 PM   #3
fal308
Staff Alumnus

As per Brophy's Marlin book, the Model 21 is basically a Model 19 except with a straight stock. It was available in the regular A, B, C, and D grades and had the early button magazine release and the bolt-opening button on the right rear of the frame. It was available during the same period as the Models 17 and 19. The only features in this model not already available on Models 17 and 19 were the combined features of a straight-grip stock and a takedown barrel. Sorry but no blown-up diagrams.