The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old March 16, 2019, 10:15 AM   #1
Josey wales 64

Armi San Marco 1860 army parts needed .

I just bought an 1860 army and it needs a few things . I am looking for a hand , bolt and wedge . If you have any parts you want to sell please let me know. I am also interested in buying revolvers for parts or repair . Hope someone can help out . Thanks
Old March 16, 2019, 11:03 AM   #2
Doc Hoy

Josey, Josey, Josey!

I just sold my entire stock of pistol parts. Sorry man.
Old March 16, 2019, 12:56 PM   #3
44 Dave

If it is the hand spring, there are ways to repair that including doing a coil Ruger style. Every wedge I have bought were oversize and needed to be filed to fit the slot.
Old March 16, 2019, 03:39 PM   #4
Doc Hoy

I do believe that

I found ways to make Pietta inners work on ASM revolvers. Hands and bolts generally need smoothing anyway, Right?
Old March 16, 2019, 04:38 PM   #5
Doc Hoy

Your mention of the ASM....

....Reminded me of all of the brass frame/arbors I attempted to repair, unsuccessfully. (ASM, ASP, C.O.M.) The pretty little indentations that heavy loads put in the recoil ring. They looked so perfect that they appeared to be part of the revolver design.

It prompted me to go over the THR and reread some of the ASM revolver posts.

Those of you who remember me will also recall that my opinion is that ASM is under-rated. They are not great quality but they are not junk.

I have about a dozen ASMs of differing variations but the one of which I am most proud is a Second Dragoon which I bought from "bprevolver"
Old March 16, 2019, 04:41 PM   #6
noelf2

Did you check VTI gunparts?

http://www.vtigunparts.com/store/sho...ASM+1860+Army+
Old March 16, 2019, 05:44 PM   #7
AKexpat

Josey,

I see you are new member which is very good!

I think we would all like to see pics of your pistol and would like to know the manufacturer date code (right side of frame in Roman numerals, or alpha characters in a rectangle on the bottom of the frame where it meets the barrel lug).

VTI does carry a few ASM parts but it is hit or miss on many of them. After ASM went out of business, most of their parts were bought out buy a couple of purveyors (Numrich, VTI, DeerCreek, et al) and what is left is the end of the road.

http://www.deercreekproducts.net/sto...ver_Parts.html

Some folks have had good luck fitting Pietta or Uberti internal parts as substitutes. Wedges are easy to fit, as well as the bolt. The hand is a bit different.

A month ago I picked up an ASM 1860 Army [BC] (1993) in very good shape for a 25-year-old shooter for less than $190. When I got it the trigger pull was about 2#(!) and a bit of needle file work got it to 5#.

I am looking for a full-fluted cylinder for it, probably an Uberti (VTI $103) that I can modify to fit.

Welcome to the forum and good luck in your quest!

Regards,

Jim
To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon
Old March 16, 2019, 09:31 PM   #8
Josey wales 64

Thanks for the chart AKexpat

It has an AC so I guess it's a 1977 . Itryed to include photos but may have not done it right .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4719.jpg (122.1 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4720.jpg (40.6 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Josey wales 64; March 16, 2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old March 19, 2019, 06:21 PM   #9
arcticap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josey wales 64 View Post
I just bought an 1860 army and it needs a few things . I am looking for a hand , bolt and wedge . If you have any parts you want to sell please let me know. I am also interested in buying revolvers for parts or repair . Hope someone can help out . Thanks
Josey,
Please post a "wanted to buy" ad in the " Buy, Sell and Trade: Black Powder Firearms and Accessories" section after you the meet the requirements for posting an ad there.
The requirements are 25 posts and 30 days membership.
That way, if one of us comes across parts or revolvers for you, we can more easily find who to contact.
Or else you request here will end up getting buried over time.
Here's the link to the black powder ads section of The Firing Line Gun Show.--->>> https://thefiringline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39
It can be found on the forum home page.

Last edited by arcticap; March 19, 2019 at 06:50 PM.
Old March 19, 2019, 08:01 PM   #10
Josey wales 64

Thanks Arcticap

I didn't know about that . Thank you for the info. I will do that as soon as I can.
Old March 19, 2019, 10:52 PM   #11
woodnbow

You might try getting in touch with hoofhearted he used to be a member here if I’m not mistaken. Does a lot of work on the replica cap and ball pistols.

Here’s his website, great guy, does nice work.

http://www.cartridgeconversion.com/

Last edited by woodnbow; March 19, 2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old March 24, 2019, 08:25 PM   #12
EphraimKibbey

Ebay has the internals from time to time from folks who buy beat up replicas and part them out. Right now they have a set for an ASM 1858 but not a Colt. If you save a search it will be easy to check from time to time.
Old March 25, 2019, 10:24 AM   #13
Josey wales 64

Thanks

I will keep an eye out on there too. I thought it would be easier to find parts than it is turning out to be.
Old March 25, 2019, 03:15 PM   #14
EphraimKibbey

Another parts source may be old CVA 1860 parts as they were made by ASM up until its demise in 2000.
Old April 16, 2019, 03:10 AM   #15
bbATL

Just got a ASM 1860 in Stainless Steel Circa 1986, need parts also.

Hello, I am new to this forum. I managed to find a stainless steel ASM 1860 Army manufacture date 1986, was wondering if it will be impossible to find SS parts? Can someone point me in the right direction? Was also wondering how rare they are and if anyone had any idea of their value in unfired condition?
Old April 16, 2019, 03:27 PM   #16
arcticap

Not stainless, but someone recently installed a brand new Uberti fluted cylinder on their ASM 1860 without any problem.
Old April 16, 2019, 05:55 PM   #17
AKexpat

That would be me. The Uberti cylinder dimensions were very close to the ASM cylinder dimensions, but new Uberti parts are CNC machined whereas the ASM [BC] 1993 gun was not CNC machined. Maybe a fluke that it fit, but it does, and the Uberti cylinder dimensions were .001"-.002" smaller than my ASM cylinder.

I have no clue as to where you can find stainless parts for an ASM. Maybe Fingers McGee will chime in.

Regards,

Jim

To be governed – is to be watched, inspected, directed, indoctrinated, numbered, estimated, regulated, commanded, controlled, law-driven, preached at, spied upon, censured, checked, valued, enrolled – by creatures who have neither the right, nor the wisdom, nor the virtue to do so. - Pierre-Joseph Proudhon

Last edited by AKexpat; April 16, 2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old April 17, 2019, 03:21 AM   #18
bbATL

From my understanding alot of the early ASMs, Ubertis parts dimensions fit up quite nicely together. I really am eager to find out if anyone can get their hands on SS parts, or if someone has an old stockpile hidden away. Perhaps they never existed, who knows..������ I have watched the auctions and sites for many years and rarely see SS 1860s from Italian manufacturers. Also hoping to get information on dates when manufactured and total production numbers.

Thanks,
BB