The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 30, 2010, 01:52 PM   #1
tt0511

Are magazine pouches comfortable?

I've tried scouring another forum using the search feature and found it a little difficult to find a topic on this specifically. I posted this question there and thought I'd post it here to get as much advise as possible. Thanks in advance!

From what I did find in searching the forum, it appears that horizontal mag pouches are certainly comfortable. I didn't find a lot of discussion on whether or not vertical or canted mag pouches are comfortable.

I've decided to give 5 Shot leather a try as my first holster and am trying to determine what kind of mag pouches to get, ...and whether to order them from 5 Shot. I would like to carry two magazines on the off hand side. It looks like two horizontals would need some separation to help with access. I'm fine with a vertical double if it's comfortable to wear sitting, driving, standing. FYI - I'm a newbie at CCW and have no experience with this.

What have you learned in your experience?
Old January 30, 2010, 08:09 PM   #2
sneeker

Give Ray a call at lobogunleather.com He will be happy to answer any concerns you have about them, you may even change where your getting your holster at. Good luck.
Old February 6, 2010, 10:13 AM   #3
unit 900

I think it's laudable to carry an additional magazine while ccw. I would limit myself to one spare magazine. Weight, real estate on your belt and comfort really speak against two extra mags. Duty carry for LEO/military is a different story. The idea, for me at least, on a spare mag is to deal with a mag related failure. The prospect of needing a high round count to deal with a self defense scenario is mighty slim. Making two mag changes in a dynamic SD situation is awful unlikely. I've been happy with the Safariland horizontal belt carrier. It's very easy to put on and take off and can accommodate a variety of mags.
http://tinyurl.com/yk87gxl