The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old February 25, 2019, 12:47 PM   #1
rebs

bore tech eliminator ?

does this clean carbon, copper and other fouling from a barrel ? Or is it necessary to buy their individual cleaners for carbon and copper ?
Old February 25, 2019, 01:16 PM   #2
RC20

Rebs: My experience with it is that its got a good carbon cleaner, its more a Copper removal orientation wise. Its one of my two mainstays as if I have copper, it will take out carbon layers as well.

That said, for what I shoot, I don't get copper so I use the more effective Carbon Killer 2000 (CK2k)

I have used both on a couple of guns. So far I have hit a carbon layer before done that was not coming off and would shift to the CK2k until through it and if more copper, back to the Bore Tech.
Old February 25, 2019, 05:22 PM   #3
Dufus

If you are after carbon, then the Bore Tech C4 is a really carbon remover if you give it time to do its work.

The Chameleon Gel and Rimfire blend work good on carbon as well.
Old February 25, 2019, 05:26 PM   #4
RC20

I have not used that, Unclenick has a link to the guy who researched the BT and CK2k

CK2k does not require any soaking. It works a bit better with a warm barrel.

I just take my cleaning stuff with me and clean the barrel when done shooting and its warm and about 4 cycles of CK2k and patch and its a done deal.
Old February 26, 2019, 08:29 AM   #5
cw308

I use a cleaner the attacks what ever the bullet leaves in the barrel . I shoot copper jacketed bullets so first I use KG 1 to remove the carbon then KG 12 for copper . A safe all in one is Ballistol , my wife hates the smell , when I just open it up her head turns around like that girl in the movie exorcist. So I only use it at the range . KG 1 and 12 have hardly any smell and works very good .