The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old April 5, 2016, 08:45 AM   #1
Spats McGee
Staff

SGAmmo.com: I'll go back again.

For the first time on my life, I bought ammo online. I've been watching prices for a while now, but just never had enough cash on hand to make a big enough purchase to make an online purchase worthwhile. All of my calibers are available locally, so buying 100 rounds of something online and paying the shipping just didn't make sense. With that said, I finally got enough cash together to buy some bulk ammo, an order large enough that ordering online makes more sense than buying locally. SGAmmo.com had the best price, once I figured in all of the "peripheral" costs: taxes, insurance, and requiring signature. You could save a few bucks by not getting insurance or requiring signature, but I chose to get those. Price goes in the "pros" column.

I ordered at about 11:00 a.m., on Thursday. By the close of business, I had a "your item has shipped" email and a UPS tracking number. My parcel arrived by Monday morning. Shipping speed goes in the "pros" column. When I opened the package, it was exactly as I ordered. Accuracy = "pro" column.

Now, seeing as how it was my first time to order ammo online, I had a few questions. SGAmmo is an email-only company, and there's no telephone number on the website. No telephone number goes in the "cons" column. However, I emailed them and had my answer in a couple of hours. They get a mark in the "pros" column for answering my questions quickly and thoroughly.

Overall, they were fast, accurate and cheap. Personally, I like being able to talk to a live human, just because I'm an old codger like that. However, I can't complain about their response by email. They got back to me quickly and answered my questions.

Long story short: I'll probably order from them again.
Old April 5, 2016, 08:54 PM   #2
Pietro Beretta

I agree SGammo is good, I have purchased from them in the past as well.

I prefer other ammo vendors, I wont hijack this thread but the ones that offer free shipping (and no, not the vendor with man in the name, they are way too expensive even with free shipping)
Old April 6, 2016, 08:55 AM   #3
aarondhgraham

sgammo is in my town,,,

sgammo is in my town,,,
They absolutely will not allow anyone to pickup at their warehouse.

Their reasoning is that if they do,,,
Their place becomes a retail establishment,,,
Then their insurance coverage would have to change.

A co-worker of mine knows them,,,
He said they are a bit paranoid about anyone knowing their location.

Not that it took more than five minutes to find them,,,
But they have a healthy fear of theft and vandalism.

But I've ordered from them many times,,,
I like that they publish their shipping rates,,,
You know to the penny what the purchase will cost.

Aarond

Aarond is good,,, Aarond is wise,,, Always trust Aarond! (most of the time)
Old April 9, 2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Tinbucket

SGAmmo.com

Natchez Shooters Supply is not far away but they won't sell to anyone with in large area, of three states of Tn, Al, and Ga.
At times they have good deals but not for us. Apparently they wholesale to many small gun shops where prices are twice what they advertise.
Old April 9, 2016, 07:35 PM   #5
Toney

I shared the same driveway with sgammo, I'm not paying shipping...
Old April 13, 2016, 11:12 PM   #6
kilimanjaro

I've had the identical experience with SGAmmo each and every order for nearly ten years now.

Once I had a case of stuff on my doorstep Wednesday morning, my order was made Sunday evening. Oklahoma to Washington door to door in about 60 hours.
Old April 14, 2016, 01:01 AM   #7
drobs

SG Ammo is my go to online ammo company. Never had a problem with them and have ordered multiple times from them.
Old April 14, 2016, 03:02 PM   #8
boatdoc173

I give the middle finger to SG ammo and cheaper than dirt because they will not sell anything to anyone in my state(until recently then CTD relented on some items). F them..I can spend my $$ in other places and get the respect I deserve. I did not vote for the bogus laws we have here nor did I suppor t ANY of those who passed them-- so why discriminate--? their loss
Old May 12, 2016, 11:15 AM   #9
Maverick36

SGAmmo is the place to go

I used to order from free shipping places like ******sports and******man.
You only get the same ole brands on sale ( Blazer and russian stuff ).
At SG I have more brands to choose from ( Magtech,Sellier &Bellot,Geco,Speer ) all in the.20 to .22 range per round.
SG ships to CO for $16 and I always order a case of 9mm at the time.