The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old November 21, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1
Road_Clam

I never thought I would enjoy the smell of powder..

It's been over 24 years since I last pulled a trigger, and that was "sand pit skeet shooting" as a teenager. I also had a brief ownership of a Colt .45ACP. Back then all's I wanted to do was spray lead everywhere. Now FF to 2013 and I decided to try a SG again, so bought myself a nice Winchester X1 and got involved trap shooting at my local gun club. What a blast ! It's far more ball breaking laughs than actual precision clay shooting. Then my gun club sponsor let me try his all pimped out Rock River AR15, and I was done.... hooked. Never thought of myself shooting a military type carbine. So another $1K and I have a Bushmaster varmint. last week i'm strolling the glass cases and looking at handguns.... first it was the Glock 35 which unlike my Colt ACP, the Glock felt SO right in my hand. And just the other day, made the mistake of holding a really sweet Ruger MK III Target (model 512TG with the premium walnut grip) So I own that as well. I'm in a different place now. This time around I am focused only on precision patient shooting. I look foreward to much reading here on TFL !

Rich
Old November 21, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2
Salmoneye

Welcome...

You already seem to understand that you are up the proverbial creek at this point...

The addiction only gets worse...
Old November 21, 2013, 04:55 PM   #3
kilimanjaro

Warning : Do not get into milsurps !
Old November 21, 2013, 08:36 PM   #4
histed

This is not an addiction - it is an obsessive-compulsive disorder that can only get worse. Next you'll be telling us you've started reloading, then you'll develop an uncontrollable urge to cast your own bullets... Ain't it great to be so sick! BTW, there is no cure, but everyone here will help with your therapy.
Old November 21, 2013, 09:19 PM   #5
Dashunde

Haha... welcom.

Quote:
I am focused only on precision patient shooting
Now, go get yourself a nice bolt .223 or .17hmr with a matching scope
Old November 22, 2013, 05:00 AM   #6
Road_Clam

Dare I ask if there is a prescription to help with my new disorder ? Seems the only thing that works for me is rubbing a Hoppes #9 wetted patch under my nose I remember that distinct smell of Hoppe's even from back when I was a teen.
Old November 22, 2013, 05:52 AM   #7
Salmoneye

Quote:
Dare I ask if there is a prescription to help with my new disorder ?
Take your favorite firearm and 50 'pills' to the range, and call us in the morning...

Old November 22, 2013, 08:02 AM   #8
Dashunde

The only prescription is time and money... over time you'll handle enough, shoot enough, answer and fulfill enough of your own questions and finally..spend enough that you're fever will break.