The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Closed Thread

Old January 26, 2012, 09:08 PM   #51
GunXpatriot

CZ-82 is the direction we will probably go at this point. It's not because we can't afford anything better, (although realistically, we can't) but it's more of the fact of getting the biggest "bang" for your buck. Or in this case, your 200 bucks. Anyway, a few guns that have come up so far are a Polish P-64 (although, with the CZ-82 available, that becomes useless). We were also looking into getting a Nagant revolver.

Nothing else comes to mind immediately, but the Daewoo DP51 is an honorable mention, definitely above the Nagant or P-64. The thing is, there's just so many things you could get for the price. Actually, I was watching Nutnfancy's video on the Hi-Point and he was pretty realistic about it. He said it had a lot of cons, but if it's what you can afford, go for it. He mentioned a few used guns and the Daewoo, which he said was amazing. I've checked reviews, etc online and havent found someone with something bad to say about the Daewoo. Now I practically need one.

At this point though, realistically, I could just buy a CZ-82 and be happy.
Old January 26, 2012, 09:28 PM   #52
Tabor

Or you could be like me and buy an AMT Auto mag 2 for $75!
Old January 26, 2012, 10:12 PM   #53
defjon

GunX, have you checked out the ruger P95? Used, they wouldn't be much more than the other guns you're looking at. 9x19 is a considerable upgrade to 9x18...in more ways than one. Beyond ballistics, you also can't beat the value and ready availability. The rugers are hardly junk guns.

Actually, the US Army ordered several thousand P-95s for issue to tank divisions. I would put a Ruger up with a Sig and Glock in the durability and reliability department. The Sig in my experience would trump both in the accuracy department, but you're never going to find a Sig P226 or p228 for around 200 dollars!
Old January 26, 2012, 10:17 PM   #54
Cheapshooter

Quote:
I can only add one other thing to the topic, if they happen to be so dirt poor that all they can afford is one of these factory built zip guns, then how in the world can any of them afford the monthly internet service that enables them to participate in these threads?
As almost on cue, the insults begin!
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old January 26, 2012, 10:52 PM   #55
Tom Servo
Staff

I already issued one warning to keep this thread civil and on-track, and it was ignored. I am very disappointed.

Many of the participants gave good information to the OP, but a few malcontents insisted on tanking things. To those who were helpful, I'm sorry, but this wasn't going in a healthy direction.

Last edited by Tom Servo; January 26, 2012 at 10:59 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
200 , hi-point , money , pistol