The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 4, 2006, 06:25 AM   #1
MPanova

review by maker/style section?

i know im new here so this might have been answered and i just could not find it using the search

i was wondering if it would be possable on this type of board to have a section where you could list the guns by make & model and have people reply with there review kinda like this site which im sure most of you have seen before

GunDirectory Pistol and handgun reviews

http://www.gundirectory.com/body.asp...&sort=-3&pop=1

seems like a great thing they got going but there are not as many people using it as there are members over here it seems

"WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG GUN!"
Old October 4, 2006, 05:47 PM   #2
MPanova

it wouldnt take much at all really,

create a section called "reviews"

3 sub forums

autoloaders

revolvers

shotguns/rifles

create a sub forum for each manufactor which would take someone who knows all the ones or atleast most of the ones out there , then

in each sub forum you create a thread for the specific weapon, and each reply is the indaviduals review of the weapon

it would end up being a few hundred threads im sure but from just searching around the boards for the last couple days you can find hundreds if not thousands of topics asking for a review of this gun or that gun

those could all then be moved or merged into the review thread about that weapon. i would even volunteer to help maintain the review section to make sure thats all that is being put in there

set some rules for the section like. first person to start a thread for a specific weapon that is not already listed would have to link a pic from the manufactures website for refrence and add all the info from there site aswell ie. size cal. wieght color. msrp ect ect ect and then there review

once everything is set up it will all be very simple to use and keep track of.

im pretty sure the moderators could set it up to where a reply does not bump the topic to the top so they will always be in the same order for future refrence

again i would be willing to help with this, i know i can set it up in no time on the invision boards and if this board is similar i could set it up pretty quick and easy

anyway just something to think about

"WALK SOFTLY AND CARRY A BIG GUN!"