The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old January 17, 2001, 11:00 PM   #1
Jerry Stordahl

Shooters: I haven't owned a semi auto shotgun for a long time. Help me with the pros and cons of a synthetic stocked, 26" barrelled or less, 3" mag chambered 12 gauge in Remington or Winchester logo. I'll consider the Benelli also. What I'm mainly interested in is the best functioning gas system of the two, the reliability, and the quality. Is one really better than the other?
Old January 18, 2001, 06:20 PM   #2
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Can't help you.Jerry,no experience with either. Over on the Shotgun Report, there may be something archived or you can ask there.

The guys there like the Beretta 390 and 391 gas guns, and they burn up thousands of rounds each year.
Old January 18, 2001, 07:04 PM   #3
CMOS

Jerry, it has been my personal experiance, as well as that of my shotgun buddies, that the Remington's just have a nack for lasting a loooooooong time. Although the Winchester is a nice shotgun IMHO the Remingtons are a bit tougher.

The Benelli is another story altogether. Benelli is the shotgun.

CMOS