The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old December 7, 1999, 11:11 PM   #1
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Hi guys, just wanted to tell you about my experience with Hellweg and see if any others have seen the same. I ordered a complete rig from them well over a month ago over the net, never got a confirmation, so called a few days later. The gentleman I spoke with said that they usually will not reply to internet orders unless there is a problem. He then went on to say that my order had been shipped, oh no wait a minute we don't have that holster in stock. Maybe well have it in a week or two and then it will ship. Great, no biggie. Three weeks later, no rig, no nothing, but in the mean time my cc has been charged. I called back and this time I am told that the belt in my size is out of stock, "but I should have them the first of next week. I'll ship on Monday and give you a call to let you know that it's on the way." Great, no biggie. That Monday was a week ago yesterday. No call, no rig no nada. Whadya think? Have I been flim-flammed? Just curious.
Old December 8, 1999, 07:22 AM   #2
Mikey

I've done business with them for several years. Fairly good people and GREAT products.

Communication between Australia and the U.S. company is not very good and communication from the company to you won't happen unless you call them! Delivery of "out-of-stock" items is spotty and in some cases never happens - depending on popularity of the product. They WILL make things right eventually.

Tips for the future - NEVER order without checking stock first and NEVER backorder. I use this rule of thumb for ALL mailorder transactions.

Mikey
Old December 9, 1999, 12:29 AM   #3
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Thanks Mikey, I will try to contact them again tomorrow. Maybe I'll convince them to send what they have in stock and reorder the rest later.
Old December 13, 1999, 09:14 PM   #4
TacTrain

sspectre, I had a similar expereince with them this past summer. I did eventually get the holster I ordered. One of the parts was the wrong size. A phone call and two days later I had the right part, no-charge. But it took about 20 calls from the time I ordered until I finally had my holster.

Bottom line, they sent what I paid for....

Best Regards....
"Make Ready and Watch Your Six"
Old December 16, 1999, 12:34 AM   #5
Spectre
Staff Alumnus

Thanks for the encouraging words, Tac. I called them again day bfore yesterday and was told that the belt and holster were both out of stock but hopefully they be in next week.....
Hope the goods are worth the wait. I just don't understand how a business can operate like this.