The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old July 22, 2019, 09:17 PM   #1
flyboy015

Sticky/Clunky Trigger Return on Walther PPS "Classic"

It's been getting worse over time. This is my prime carry gun, and I've owned it now for 4 years or so, and must have 1600-1800 rounds through it. I first noticed the issue about a year back, and at the time it didn't seem significant enough to bother with, but it's gotten steadily worse.

Now when I pull the trigger on either a snapcap or a live round, and ease the trigger to its reset position, it binds up and then pops forward. With patience, I can get it to stick halfway along its reset travel and stay there as I lay the gun down...

I like to think I keep my firearms in good condition, and it's rare for me not to clean a handgun after every trip to the range, where I'll shoot between 150 and 300 rounds. I just tried soaking all the disassembled parts in CLP for an hour or so...cleaned thoroughly, reassembled and the issue persists, and actually doesn't seem to have been improved at all.

I submitted an email to Walther Customer Support...will update if/when I hear back.

Anyone else have this issue with either a PPS or a similar striker fire gun?