The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old August 29, 2007, 11:22 PM   #1
M14MSgt

Buffalo Brothers Grips

Anyone had success with Buffalo Brothers Cowboy store grips? I ordered a set for my 1873 SAA cattleman and a set for my Pietta 1851 Navy. Are they difficult to install? Looks like you glue the grips to a block they supply which fits inside the backstrap.
Old August 30, 2007, 10:27 PM   #2
subgunner

Let us know how the grips fix. I have a Pietta 1851 and want to put stag grips on it.
Old September 3, 2007, 06:12 PM   #3
M14MSgt

Sadly...they don't fit. I removed the backstrap and one-piece block (grips) and tried to fit the Buffalo Bros. to the backstrap frame, but they do not fit. Buffalo Bros. suggests sanding to fit, but it would be an awful lot of sanding and I don't want to ruin the look. So, I am trying to see what they will charge to fit them. If its not reasonable or feasible, I will just ask for a refund.