The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Old October 16, 2005, 04:45 PM   #1
txray22

Hiding the long gun

Does anyone carry their rifle/shotgun to and from home in something other than a standard gun case?
Old October 16, 2005, 04:50 PM   #2
News Shooter

I've posted this before

But, I understand you probably live some place that makes it uncomfortable to be obvious..me too

I have a canvas garment bag that most of my long guns fit into...i also picked up a used golf bag at a garage sale for a coupe of bucks..it's perfect with covers over the muzzles..you could leave that leaned against your car for days and nobody would think anything of it

good luck!
Old October 16, 2005, 04:52 PM   #3
John45

Once, when I moved, I didn't have an extra case for a .22 Marlin, so I temporarily wrapped it in a clean (Non fabric softened) towel. My wife was not pleased. I should note also, that when I carried it in the open, though the towel was lavender, it still looked like I was carrying a long gun.
Old October 16, 2005, 04:55 PM   #4
bedula32

Soft-sided guitar case that cost $10. No reason to let anyone know what it is from my house to the trunk. Of course it is legal in my state to transport it like that.
Old October 16, 2005, 08:43 PM   #5
darkvibe

I live in an apartment complex so i'm in the same boat... want to keep it on the down low. I usually keep the gun in it's case and put a big black garbage bag over it. Cheap and probably effective enough for the neighbors not to have an idea what it is.