The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old October 27, 2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Ignition Override

How do you delete a WTS/WTB topic?

I've never seen it in the 'edit options' etc (seven different gun websites), and was too embarassed to ask this question in public a few years ago.

Mr. Shane assumed that I wanted the mods to do this, but my request was only because of my frustrations with what everybody else finds easy, or grew up with.

Thanks.
Old October 27, 2011, 06:59 PM   #2
Don H

IO, on this forum I believe you have 4 days in which to edit, or delete, a post that you've made. If I recall correctly, if the deleted post is the only one in the thread, the thread (and thread title) will remain visible but the body of the post will be blank. I don't believe that members have the authority to delete a thread (topic), even if their's was the only post contained in it. I've never been on a forum where a member could delete a topic that others had posted to.

In the Trading Post area, a member has authority to close a thread he has started.

I hope this information is essentially correct and is of use to you.
Old October 27, 2011, 07:48 PM   #3
Mal H
Staff

I imagine Shane suggested that you close your thread after the deal, not delete it.

The instructions for closing a Gun Show thread are in the rules for those forums - see rule #3.