The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Revolver Forum

Old August 21, 2021, 03:22 PM   #1
mk70ss

Kudos to Uberti Service….

I have an Uberti CMS Pro SAA revolver. While shooting it the other day, the ejector housing screw came loose and while firing the gun, the housing, ejector rod, spring, and screw went flying. Luckily, all but the spring landed in front of me on the bench. Could not find the spring. I called the Uberti service dept. and asked if they would sell me an ejector spring. The gentleman on the phone was told the model and serial number of my gun and shipped one out that day at no charge. Came FedEx in two days. That is how customer service works folks. Well done Uberti. Thank you.
Old August 21, 2021, 04:58 PM   #2
bedbugbilly

Glad to hear that they provided great customer service. I have 13 Ubertis - have never had an issue with any of them but nice to know of their efforts if I ever do. Glad they git you up and running so quickly!
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63
Old August 21, 2021, 05:56 PM   #3
Super Sneaky Steve

Good to hear. Their top breaks are appealing to me.
Old September 12, 2021, 07:31 PM   #4
shurshot

Keep in mind... they won't send you a shipping label, YOU pay that out of pocket if you have to send the gun back for work. Figure about $100 to ship overnight, insure, etc. You pay it. They don't care.

I found that out the hard way when I had to send a brand new Stallion .22 SAA back to Uberti to be fixed. I even emailed them and requested they pay for the shipping as it was a brand new gun that didn't work correctly (hammer kept slipping). No response from them. I'm still pissed about it.

Glad you had a better experience with Uberti than I did. I like the Uberti guns, own two, but after my experience, the Stallion will be the last. I cancelled my plans to buy an Uberti Winchester 73 copy.

Last edited by shurshot; September 12, 2021 at 07:38 PM.