The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old December 12, 2012, 07:30 PM   #1
iraiam

Chinese 870 Single Point Sling

I modified my Hawk Industries Chinese 870 a little bit, I have been looking for a single point sling adapter that would fit for quite a while, after not really finding anything I just decided to modify the synthetic stock to accept the Magpul SGA adapter. I spent $125 on this shotgun several years ago so I figured what the heck. I had some trouble with the synthetic stock wanting to chip so the fit & finish isn't perfect, but it's strong and effective.

I guess I forgot to take a picture of the whole thing, it's got a 18.5" cylinder bore barrel with a 3" chamber, and rifle sights

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old December 12, 2012, 07:45 PM   #2
SoilworK777

Cool. I have the Hawk 982. Great guns. Are you still using the factory mag spring?
Old December 12, 2012, 08:02 PM   #3
iraiam

Yes, is there a problem with the stock spring? I have not fired this shotgun in probably close to a year, hasn't given any issues yet.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few public officials." George Mason
Old December 13, 2012, 09:18 AM   #4
SoilworK777

Sometimes the factory springs in these guns aren't all that great. If you plan on keeping the gun loaded for a length of time, you might want to change the spring. I replaced mine with a Wolff extra power spring. The Wolff's use a wire that is a gauge or two thicker than the Hawk's (and Remington's) factory wire. You might also want to replace the follower, as the stock orange one is cheaply made.
Old December 13, 2012, 09:36 PM   #5
iraiam

Wow, that's good to know, the magazine has been loaded almost constantly for years.

I'll order something to replace it.