The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old June 21, 2008, 07:37 PM   #1
sernv99

Fabarm SAT-8 tactical or another Benelli

anyone have owned or shot both and felt the Fabarm was a bit better vs the M1 or M2? I bought a M2 tactical and love it and saw a deal for a M1 S90 tactical for under $900 and I want another tactical. I came across a deal for the Fabarm SAT-8 who can give me a comparable price. I did some research online and everyone who has commented on Fabarms seems to think they are comparable to Benelli. Just want some opinions from this crowd on here.

Thanks.
Old June 22, 2008, 12:04 AM   #2
.351winchester

Was this one sold as an HK, 'HK Tactical Auto' or something a while back? Came with a PG, regular stock, and 5+1? They were I belive 499. Dealer on closeout, a very kind price from CDNN.

Have you checked out the 930 SPX? That's an excellent tactical automatic, never really wanted a self-shucker before handling one of these and reading here nothing but pleased owners, seeing those mag dump videos a USAS-12 couldn't hang with. I got a 590 instead recently and while I kinda like it will be trading it in (no doubt at a huge loss), on the one I wanted originally. I'd just as soon have this as a Benelli, Wilson TR, FN SLP, Krebs/Tromix Saiga(...unless with drum), 1100 CM, old school Franchi... anything at all really, including pumps and if money were no object.
Old June 22, 2008, 06:51 PM   #3
sernv99

well HK did import them and put their stamp on the gun a few years back. Then they stopped I guess due to changing to Benelli, then they dropped Benelli.