The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 25, 2014, 12:47 PM   #1
MtnMike1

M11 A1 wins over HK P30

Attended a gun show last week and found a M11 A1 Desert at a great price. I was seriously considering the MK 25 when I bought my first Sig, a 226 EE. I really liked that look. It was between a HK P30 and the M11. I finally decided on the Sig to keep the same trigger system and because I liked the look so well. So I chose to make the M11 my next purchase and had been searching prices on line. When I found it NIB for $860 including 7% sales tax I could not pass it up. Put 200 rounds of blazer thru it yesterday and found it as accurate as my 226.

Thinking about the Hogue G10 Mascus Green Grips for it as the grips are a little larger than I like. Am I correct in assuming the P229 grips work on the M11? Has anyone added these to their M11?
Old February 25, 2014, 12:59 PM   #2
TunnelRat

Quote:
Thinking about the Hogue G10 Mascus Green Grips for it as the grips are a little larger than I like. Am I correct in assuming the P229 grips work on the M11? Has anyone added these to their M11?
Yes they will fit.

P.S. - I have a set of these with hogue hex screws too if you are interested, looking to sell them:

http://www.topgunsupply.com/hogue-ex...red-black.html
Maintain situational awareness
Old February 25, 2014, 02:06 PM   #3
IMightBeWrong

I had the same choice to make and went with the P30. You can't lose either way. I will probably get the M11 as well next year with another tax return. It'll also give SIG more time to fix the issues with their new extractors. I've been hearing a lot of reports of them breaking, one of them after only 2 shots out of the box. Once that part is worked out I'm sure I will get one.
Old February 25, 2014, 02:12 PM   #4
TunnelRat

Quote:
It'll also give SIG more time to fix the issues with their new extractors. I've been hearing a lot of reports of them breaking, one of them after only 2 shots out of the box.
What's new about them? They've used the longer external extractors for some time now. What you're describing sounds like a tempering issue. I seriously doubt the design will change.
Old February 25, 2014, 03:21 PM   #5
IMightBeWrong

I thought the long extractors were just about a year old. I don't have a problem with the design, just that they've been breaking. Although with the new design the pin holding it in is now sacrificial which is a bit of a downside if you like to know how to detail strip and clean your pistols.
Old February 25, 2014, 06:18 PM   #6
TunnelRat

Quote:
I thought the long extractors were just about a year old.
Have to be older than that. I had a new P229 at least 2 years ago with one.

Quote:
Although with the new design the pin holding it in is now sacrificial which is a bit of a downside if you like to know how to detail strip and clean your pistols.
Does it destroy the pin to remove it? HK also uses a roll pin to hold in the extractor and recommends not reusing it, but I still do .
Old February 25, 2014, 06:41 PM   #7
Uncle Malice

I've been reusing the roll pins in Sigs for years. If it's loose... replace it. If not, put it back in.