The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 13, 2022, 01:24 PM   #26
TunnelRat

Austrian Glocks

I was under the impression from your earlier comments that you were looking at sales data when you said, “It’s a lot both ways.” What were you looking at then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 13, 2022, 04:04 PM   #27
wild cat mccane

sells and sales for sure.

PA 19, 17, 34 and UA 19, 17, 34...they seem equally distributed and ready to buy.

I bet gunwatcher data would support it is more PA Austrian. But ATF would prove it of course.

I think the reality is they are equal (as of 2022). If not exactly equal, that people see something as not an option is just an artifact of where they personally shopped. It is not hard to find UA or PA Glock models on gun.deals from MANY online stores of any Glock model.
Old May 13, 2022, 04:05 PM   #28
TunnelRat

So then share with us the link to the sales data so we can see it too, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old May 13, 2022, 05:58 PM   #29
dogtown tom

Here's a link to the ATF Factoring Criteria:
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/fo...-4590/download

Note that certain features add points.
Ever wonder why some Glocks have a grooved trigger face and others don't.....that's a "target trigger". Same with the little thumb dimple at on the grip.

Certain models may be imported with adjustable sights, then when they arrive in Smyrna, GA.....they replace with fixed sights.

The intent of this factoring criteria is rooted in the myth of the Saturday Night Special. In the '60's and '70's this was the boogyman before assault weapons.

Congress thought inexpensive imported handguns were the cause of crime.
Being that many of those cheap German, Spanish and Italian handguns had aluminum or pot metal frames it was an easy way to differentiate "quality".

No one imagined a plastic frame.

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old May 13, 2022, 08:18 PM   #30
eflyguy

Daughter's G17(g4)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_9202.jpeg (473.2 KB, 18 views)
Old May 13, 2022, 08:29 PM   #31
eflyguy

In direct response to the OP, that's the only one I have, and I'm not going to post publicly how many others I have that are stamped USA. I have competed with Glock-sponsored shooters and never seen another Glock with Austria on it.
Old May 13, 2022, 08:42 PM   #32
wild cat mccane

More Austrian made glocks than US. We know that because total minus exported.

My point of the SKU, you aren't going to know for sure. But both USA and Austrian UA and PA skus are equally available.

No one can know without gathering available data. Availability and total US minus export...looks like not that many Glocks made in total of all Glocks in 2020

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/...t-report-afmer
Old May 13, 2022, 08:54 PM   #33
reynolds357

You can definitively know a US from an Austrian without a SKU.
Old May 14, 2022, 12:49 AM   #34
wild cat mccane

yep. But the question was do we know how many AU vs PA Glocks there are.
Old May 14, 2022, 11:03 AM   #35
dogtown tom

This is one of the oddest threads I've ever read on Glocks.
Literally EVERY GLOCK IN AMERICA has the manufacturers country or the importers name & state stamped on the frame.

If your Glock says "AUSTRIA" and also has Glock Smyrna, GA.......its made in AUSTRIA and imported by Glock in Smyrna, GA.

If it has "USA" its not made in Austria.

If you've never seen a USA made Glock......you need to visit any gun store in America.
If you've never seen an Austrian made Glock you need to visit any gun store in America.

I'm gobsmacked that some of ya'll "have never seen a Glock made in ____"

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pELwCqz2JfE
Old May 14, 2022, 11:26 AM   #36
dogtown tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
Friends. My sku comment above tells you all you need
I've been a gun dealer for fourteen years and have never given two seconds thought to "UA vs PA". Those are Glock part#'s and not a number used by any distributor or retailer. Your head will explode when you find out that there are PG, UX, PF and many more part# prefixes.

They certainly aren't in the UPC code for any Glock pistol.

Old May 14, 2022, 12:54 PM   #37
wild cat mccane

You are a gun seller and you arent aware there are only two numbers on a glock box, one being a ser and the othere the sku? Kinda hard to understand how you ordered...the leading p in our sku is Austria. any leading A or I is usa made.

Op didnt say how do you know your ind glock is what made. They asked how many from. That is sku or atf data only
Old May 14, 2022, 01:58 PM   #38
eflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
You are a gun seller and you arent aware there are only two numbers on a glock box, one being a ser and the othere the sku? Kinda hard to understand how you ordered...the leading p in our sku is Austria. any leading A or I is usa made.
.. and as I said several times above, none of the prefixes you mentioned appear on any of the stickers on the Glock boxes I have that have been acquired over a couple of decades. They all have two (stickers), one on each side of the handle, so I'm not sure where you are coming up with that. All but one (my daughter's G17) were purchased new from ADV Outdoors here in Smyrna, as also mentioned above.

There are also many more numbers/bar codes than just the model and serial. I don't know what they all mean but that is why they need two stickers.

Again, I don't give a rats ass where it was manufactured but what you have posted is bunk. Those SKU prefixes don't exist on my collection, every Glock I own has USA stamped on the side except for my daughter's G17. Perhaps they existed in the past but (again) I have models from two decades and none have those prefixes.
Old May 14, 2022, 08:54 PM   #39
dogtown tom

Quote:
wild cat mccane You are a gun seller and you arent aware there are only two numbers on a glock box, one being a ser and the othere the sku?
I have sixty odd Glock boxes thirty feet away...........not a one has "only two numbers" on the label.

Quote:
Kinda hard to understand how you ordered...the leading p in our sku is Austria. any leading A or I is usa made.
1. Get your FFL.
2. Order by UPC#