The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old April 19, 2022, 12:59 PM   #76
wild cat mccane

Ha! I'm looking at the grey one too but waffle on it looking handsome or not At least you know you'll have the newest slide. Strangely it seems like most places have a stock photo of grey grip with a grey slide, which I haven't seen as an option (yet).

No, I agree it might not be a problem. I guess Walther is officially calling it the 1.0 and 2.0? Thanks for that link.
Old April 19, 2022, 01:48 PM   #77
TunnelRat

The gray looks different based on the picture I see, and I agree in some pictures the slide doesn’t look quite black either. Dark gray slide with a lighter gray frame would be interesting. I’d like to see these in person, hopefully one day they show up locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 20, 2022, 11:31 AM   #78
kilotanker22

I really like the OD green frame with black slide. Unfortunately Only the all black version was available.
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old April 29, 2022, 09:34 AM   #79
doofus47

Are the magazines for p99 and PDP interchangeable?

Apologies if someone answered this above. I didn't see it.
Old April 29, 2022, 10:14 AM   #80
wild cat mccane

No.

P99 is "M1" style paddle release. PDP is push button only "M2" style.

Interestingly, the P99 has had a factory 20rnd mag that is cms larger than the "full" PDP 18rnd mag.

You could modify, but not a faint project.
Old April 30, 2022, 11:21 AM   #81
wild cat mccane

I bet this is the most honest pic of the PDP in grey. Everywhere you look it's super light. I don't know how it can be light but this dark? Have seen two grey colors mentioned (urban and disruptor or something silly) but those aren't on Walther's website.

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/wal...polyomer-frame
Old April 30, 2022, 12:42 PM   #82
TunnelRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild cat mccane View Post
I bet this is the most honest pic of the PDP in grey. Everywhere you look it's super light. I don't know how it can be light but this dark? Have seen two grey colors mentioned (urban and disruptor or something silly) but those aren't on Walther's website.

https://gunzonedeals.com/product/wal...polyomer-frame

Yeah I’ve seen that one too. And I agree, I get the impression that’s a fair picture even though in most of the pictures it looks much lighter, like this:

https://www.impactguns.com/semi-auto...227073-2858436

Maybe it’s just a function of the light levels used for the photos. My SIG P320 AXG Scorpion alternates from looking more like a mud brown to a dry clay depending on the light I’m in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old April 30, 2022, 08:33 PM   #83
kilotanker22

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofus47 View Post
Are the magazines for p99 and PDP interchangeable?

Apologies if someone answered this above. I didn't see it.
As mentioned above, the P99 mags are not compatible. The Walther PDP full size mags are interchangeable with Canik 18 round magazines though. The magazines from my Canik TP9 SA Mod 2 and my PDP full size are identical and feed through both guns without issue.

My PDP Compact has the new slide cut. I am waiting on my optic palte to be delivered so I will let you know if it raises the optic any. I presume the optic plate is also cut, otherwise what would be the point? If the plate is the same thickness as the old plate, I bet the optic will sit at about the same height
“We do not seek peace in order to be at war, but we go to war that we may have peace. Be peaceful, therefore, in warring, so that you may vanquish those whom you war against, and bring them to the prosperity of peace.
– St. Augustine
Old May 2, 2022, 02:53 PM   #84
doofus47

Thanks.
Old May 12, 2022, 02:38 PM   #85
wild cat mccane

Asked on the walther forum for a pic.
Turns out it is the light grey.