The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old May 22, 2017, 11:49 PM   #1
MichaelS.

Cleveland Kydex Rocks!

I ordered a custom Kydex OWB holster for my Sig 320C .45 with Crimson Trace CMR-201 laser attached from Cleveland Kydex, and wanted to share what a joy it was dealing with this 100% American, family owned business.

Dale contacted me promptly to touch bases after I placed my order, and insure that all of my requirements were met. He expressed some concern that the fit would be exact with the .45 incarnation of the 320. As a result, he offered to make and send the holster to me for free, so that I could sample it and insure that it was everything I had hoped for. Who else does that these days?!

I was also wondering if the holster would be able to accommodate the CMR-201, as the side paddle activation switches present a problem with most holsters due to their location, and how easily they can be bumped into switching on. I consider the location both handy for the trigger finger to reach easily, as well as an Achilles heel in design due to the exposed positioning.

The holster arrived, workmanship is excellent with top drawer materials, and built to last a lifetime. The fit and retention is perfect, it is an extremely comfortable holster to wear, and there is zero problem with the laser accidentally activating while inserting, carrying, and withdrawing.

Communication was always lightening fast and friendly. I'll be using Cleveland Kydex to supply many of my other handgun holster and light/knife sheath needs in the future. Nice to see a business doing things the right way. It is very evident that they want to satisfy and keep you as a life long customer.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up.

Old May 23, 2017, 05:28 PM   #2
keithdog

It sounds like you have found a great company to work with for years to come. Great customer support goes a long way. Nice holster, and congrats. The description of the company sounds a lot like the folks at Multi Holsters in Michigan. Family owned and treat their customers like they are family.
Old June 29, 2017, 05:43 PM   #3
MichaelS.

Photobucket has become draconian, and is now forcing you to pay to link your photos. I'm reposting the images here as the original links no longer work. Goodbye Photobucket, hello Flickr!

IMG_20170522_183926_993

IMG_20170522_183843_724

IMG_20170522_183829_732

IMG_20170522_183808_971