The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old February 28, 2014, 01:31 PM   #1
slammedsi

460 Rowland brass..

Looking for a small supply of 460 Rowland brass. I have been looking for some time now, As I have the Gun and conversion set up ready to go. Not a single piece of brass I have found. Any advice on where to find some? I don't need much. Would pretty much buy any amount really.
Old March 1, 2014, 08:06 AM   #2
slammedsi

No one shoot the Rowland any more?
Old March 1, 2014, 12:56 PM   #3
Sevens

Heh, actually... that's who you are looking for. Someone who doesn't shoot the .460 Rowland any more cause the folks that do aren't likely to give up some of their brass supply to you.

Rowland is a PITA because it's a brass-chucker. Goofy and hot rounds out of a revolver are one thing... but hard to find brass in a chambering with hairy nuts like this one and it violently ejects and flings the brass? Big PITA.

Your best bet will be Gunboker and it's not going to be "low in cost."

Your other option? Go where Johnny Rowland goes!
http://clarkcustomguns.com/rowland.htm

They may have some brass.
Old March 2, 2014, 08:34 AM   #4
slammedsi

Sevens, I was on there site yesterday and couldn't figure out how to place an order for them over the internet. I will contact them Monday and order me up a batch.
Old March 2, 2014, 12:26 PM   #5
Sevens

Clark Custom is in Louisiana. They probably live the southern lifestyle.

Call 'em up on the phone, I'm sure they'll treat you well.
Old March 4, 2014, 11:40 AM   #6
slammedsi

Well I called them up yesterday and made an order for 50 of them and boy were they cheap. 100 count brass new from star line is only 27 bucks. Or 50 of the same for 14 bucks.