The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old October 11, 2012, 07:50 PM   #51
Yung.gunr

Make your own

Here is a good one I like where you can make your own design.

http://www.printtargets.net/
Old January 20, 2013, 03:19 AM   #52
felixx

www.remington.com has them too..
I print them on normal paper, then use the colour copier to copy them onto cardboard.. works a treat!
Old March 25, 2013, 10:15 AM   #53
abherbitter

Here's one I really like (hope the attachment works)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg target_shooting_diagnosis.jpg (202.3 KB, 136 views)
Old July 14, 2014, 02:20 AM   #54
brokefilam

great share!! My brother in law works as an architectural drafter. Gonna see if he can print some of these for me!
Old November 15, 2014, 12:44 PM   #55
Clark

For more than a decade I have been printing this free image. They work well for the 100 yard ranges near the city of Seattle.

But for target practice where I hunt, 900 miles from Seattle, I have been using store bought targets. These cost $100/100. That sounds like a lot of money until you figure your time to check out a target.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?
Old July 31, 2017, 11:06 AM   #56
Don Fischer

Really old thread but didn't see where any paper for printing was. I got some.

What is the point of those heavy lines? As for paper in your own printer, I got a package of 13x19 HP presentation paper years ago thinking it was a matt paper. Bit heavier than reg typewriter paper. have to try it!
Old September 3, 2017, 10:23 PM   #57
jjmotsch

Where can I buy cheap printer ink???? LOL
Old September 4, 2017, 10:15 AM   #58
Don Fischer

I was just looking at a place yesterday but don't recall where it was. I tried inexpensive ink and didn't go all that well. Ran out of ink and no clue it happened till photo's started coming out bad. The tanks you get sound expensive but they really aren't. The multi color tanks are expensive as one color runs out and you throw what's left in the other colors out as well. I have a Canon 9000 mk II and it come's with individual tanks, most inexpensive way to go. I also have a Canon iP100 with a black tank and three color tank. Ink is only expensive until you see how far a tank really goes. Printer can be had for next to nothing, certainly the expect to make money on the ink but gotta wonder. If someone was to print only target's and then use only black ink, how much could they really make? You can get a printer for target's for around $50, look in the Bi Mart or Walmart type store.

I have made my own target's for years, always figured store bought were a waste of money. Recently I found on Mossberg's site they have free target's to print out that aren't to bad. Printed up a few of each. The aiming point on them is to small to shoot a couple of my rifles but I got a package of those stick on orange dot in 2" to stick on and problem solved.
Old September 4, 2017, 04:33 PM   #59
Unclenick
Staff

Garand Sighting Targets

Yes. Ink. A lot of these targets are heavy on black ink. I think you can put the PDF files into a thumb drive and take them to Kinko's and have a master laser printed. Once you have that, you can use a copier to make the rest. If you want to use some form of tagboard, the Kinko's people can direct you to a copier that will work with it. (Amazon has that in various weights and colors. DO NOT presume you can tell how heavy the paper you order will be by the usual bond pound numbers as they are different for tagboard. This is because the base page dimensions for bond are 17"×22", while for tagboard (aka, tag paper) it is 24"×36", and thus the standard 500 sheet ream of tagboard weighs more than a ream of equal weight/in² bond. Also, to confuse things further, the two don't have the same density. So, best just to look it up on a table).

I've attached my Garand sighting targets. The last two pages are meant to be stitched together using a ruler to set the top as indicated to get you out to 600 yard POI at the line crossings.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M1 Garand Zero Targets.pdf (50.0 KB, 65 views)
NRA Benefactor Member and Golden Eagle
Old December 5, 2021, 03:27 PM   #60
NeverEnough

Wish I had a printer to print the larger targets myself