The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old June 23, 2017, 04:20 PM   #1
AzShooter

Where do those little parts go?

I've been doing my own gunsmithing on my revolvers for about 40 years and have gotten pretty good at it. Unfortunately I'm getting old and I end up not being able to handle the small parts anymore. I shake too much do to my Parkinsons.

The last time I worked on my Model 617 I took the cylinder apart and ended up losing the extractor rod collar. I even searched my bench and floor with a magnet but couldn't find that little piece.

I needed to add a .002 head space bearing and after installing it I couldn't finish the job without ordering a new collar from Numbrich Arms.

Today I took the now completed revolver out to the range and what a joy. It fired every round I put through it. No misfires with any ammo. It had been getting picky with some ammo lately.
Old June 23, 2017, 07:37 PM   #2
olddav

My guess is into an alternate dimension and if you find it you will find a few parts I've lost.
Old June 23, 2017, 07:58 PM   #3
4V50 Gary
Staff

Magnets on a stick with wheels on the ends along with a broom handle in the centre with which it may be pushed about the room. The stick of shame will pick up ferrous objects that your eye won't see.