The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old March 7, 2019, 09:52 AM   #26
jmorris

I think it was 2003-2004 when SPP 45 ACP brass started hitting the ground around here.
Old March 7, 2019, 12:25 PM   #27
kmw1954

For all those that state they throw their SPP brass in the trash can I say why not pick it up and pay-it-forward to someone that will use it? I'm not proud, I reload with a progressive press yet I will still take the time to pick it up and sort it out, then use it.

Some of you talk and act like it will infect you with a deadly disease. Like it will make your barrels go limp or something. So far my guns haven't been able to distinguish a difference they cannot tell one from the other.
Old March 7, 2019, 04:54 PM   #28
Seamaster

I reload .45ACP on a Dillon 650, before I start, I resize/deprime about ten cases and set them aside. When I come across a small pistol primer .45acp case at station 2, it is removed and replaced with one of the cases I resized/deprimed earlier, to me it seems to keep the process flowing smoothly. The small pistol primer cases are an annoyance, but I do keep them and maybe will load them up some day.
Old March 7, 2019, 05:09 PM   #29
gwpercle

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightShot View Post
They're evil. A few get mixed up with the regular-sized primer pocket brass, and they cause problems...
Save em for the next primer shortage. If/when the political climate changes next panic , run and shortages are soon to follow . Might be nice to have some if large pistol primers disappear again and small pistol primers are on hand.
Gary
Old March 8, 2019, 08:15 AM   #30
m&p45acp10+1

I save them up until I fill a coffee can full of them. I then load them, and keep them to the side. I use them when I know I am not going to be recovering the brass. I do the same with .40 S&W brass. I load it in my 10mm so I will not loose 10mm brass.
Old March 8, 2019, 11:02 AM   #31
hdbiker

I've loaded many SP 45 APC brass with no issues at all. I called and talked to Federals customer service to ask about them, was told other than primers their the same as LP brass. hdbiker