The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 19, 2017, 01:23 PM   #26
TunnelRat

I went ahead and ordered the HBI trigger. I figured what the heck it's my cheapest "way out" currently, reviews seem positive, and the company has a nicely done install video. Weirdly enough a few people on the threads about the HBI trigger also mentioned the trigger safety rubbing the frame. One even suggested my idea . I think if I had another trigger I could likely do it better, but I've said that before too. I used to work with a guy that liked to say, "I cut it twice and it's still too short!"
Maintain situational awareness
Old September 20, 2017, 09:48 AM   #27
TunnelRat

CZ P-10c: A Heads Up on Part Availability and My Stupidity

Just a last update from CZ customer service on parts availability. Again I think the price they quoted is fair as it includes return shipping and I understand the liability requirements.

Quote:
We do have very limited availability of parts here that are reserved for in house repairs only, we just do not have enough available to release them to the public. If we replace the piece you need we would end up replacing the entire trigger mechanism, trigger bar and all and because that has the sear surface attached to it even if we had enough available we cannot send you one for liability reasons. The trigger safety is not a part that was ever meant to come out to be replaced. Sorry I cannot help you more.

Last edited by TunnelRat; September 20, 2017 at 06:05 PM.
Old September 21, 2017, 09:21 AM   #28
Saurdaukar

So that's what's causing the hitch...

I've modified my trigger pull to compensate for it. Will have to take a closer look at home. Much better than it used to be after ~1,000 rounds, but it still shows up every once in awhile.

Thanks for this.